TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
- This page focuses on the LibreOffice suite running on Android. If you're a developer, you'll find more in-depth information about this process in: Development/BuildingForAndroid
We're currently developing two products on the Android platform:
- The LibreOffice suite, currently provided as LibreOffice Viewer for Android (DOWNLOADS)
- The LibreOffice Impress Remote for Android
Editing documents in LibreOffice Viewer is experimental (and only available when the experimental editing mode has been enabled in the app's settings). We're looking for people who are interested in trying out tools that might still have a few rough edges.
In addition, Ecosystem partner Collabora develops Collabora Office, a document editor that uses LibreOffice technology which is also available for Android and iOS and was initially released on February 26 of 2020.  Builds are available in the Google Play Store, Apple's App Store and in a third party F-Droid repository. On July 24 of 2020 support was added for ChromeOS (Chromebooks). Release notes are available here.
Running LibreOffice for Android requires
- Android 5.0 or higher
- 18MB APK download
- Free space for app installation
System Requirements Testing
|App installed||145 MB|
|USB storage app||0 MB|
|USB storage data||0 MB|
As a beta product, we're looking forward to working through bug reports as they come in.
Bug Report: Basics
- If you find a bug in the Android Viewer, please report it using this link
- Only one bug per report, please!
Please follow the guidelines described at QA/BugReport to make it easy for us to reproduce your problem and get it to the developers as quickly as possible.
Bug Report: Advanced
Including your version number helps immensely. Trying to copy version #'s from Android, or use a browser in Android is painful, at least on my phone, so if you're using a daily build, here's how to get full version info:
- Find the build_info file alongside your daily build, e.g.
- Grab the version/build date/sha1 info from the top of this text file:
tinderbox: buildname: Android-ARM@86-TDF tinderbox: tree: MASTER tinderbox: pull time 2021-03-30 09:29:45 tinderbox: git sha1s core:b0017158094e16025ef71c728bebe1093525cb59
Some problems have already been reported to us:
Daily builds for testing are available from the same page as daily builds for other platforms:
To use a daily build on Android 5 (instructions may be slightly different for other Android versions):
- Navigate to the URL above in the browser on your Android device
- Click the link, and download the APK to your Downloads/ directory
- Find the download in your Download history, or via a file browser, and click to install
- You might be prevented from installing an APK downloaded from the Internet. Make sure that you have enabled Settings -> Security -> Device administration -> Unknown sources -> (enabled)
- Click through the install screens to install the LibreOffice Viewer
- The Viewer will now be available for use
Note: It's possible to install more than one version of the Viewer at the same time. All builds use the same icon image, and have the same name, so the About page will tell you what version (via build SHA-1) you are currently running.
Alternatively, LibreOffice Viewer can be installed using the F-Droid app or the APK can be downloaded from the F-Droid website: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.documentfoundation.libreoffice/