Returns the covariance of the product of paired deviations, for a sample of the population.
Returns a real number which is the sample covariance (the average of the products of deviation) for each data point pair in two data sets, Data1 and Data2.
Data1 is a reference to a range of cells that is considered the first data set.
Data2 is a reference to a range of cells which is considered the second data set.
- If a cell contains text, logical values, or empty cells, then the function ignores these values.
- If Data1 and Data2 have different number of data points then the function returns an error value.
- If the standard deviation of Data1 and Data2 is 0 then the function returns an error value.
- If any of the arguments is empty, or if the standard deviation of their values equals zero, COVARIANCE.S returns an error value.
- For more details on COVARIANCE.S, visit Wikipedia.
|=COVARIANCE.S(A1:A6;B1:B6)||The function calculates the sample covariance (the average of the products of deviations) for each data point pair in two data sets, Data1 and Data2.||198.2|
Related LibreOffice functions:
Equivalent Excel functions: