Getting Access to the New LibreOffice Documentation Cloud Service
Wie bekomme ich einen Zugang zur TDF NextCloud?
If you are new to the LibreOffice community and want to collaborate in our documentation effort, please introduce yourself to the documentation list and tell us why you want to contribute as well as your skills in LibreOffice.
If you have not yet done, subscribe to the documentation forum. If you are joining a documentation translation team, subscribe to your local documentation team. For the English documentation team:
The DOCUMENTATION FORUM is divided into 3 categories.
- GENERAL: This forum was created to hold all discussions related to the LibreOffice Documentation team work, not specifically related to the other 2 categories (LibreOffice Guide and LibreOffice Help). If you are new to the documentation job, use this forum.
- LIBREOFFICE GUIDES: This forum is for discussions on writing, editing and producing LibreOffice Guides.
- LIBREOFFICE HELP: This forum is for discussion about the Help of LibreOffice.
After your introduction to the documentation community through the mailing list above, it is time to get access to the Foundation's NextCloud service that stores our files.
Getting your Single Sign ON (SSO)
To access the TDF infrastructure services you must get a username (your SSO username) from our authentication services.
- Visit https://user.documentfoundation.org with your browser.
- Click the link Create new account.
- Fill the data as indicated, type the captcha number and click Submit.
- Check your inbox for the confirmation e-mail. Click on the link indicated to validate the login.
Contact documentation at libreoffice dot org to inform your username and to proceed with getting access to the LibreOffice Documentation folders in Nextcloud.
Note: For the moment, the access of the source documents in NextCloud is granted on a case by case basis.
Once the access is granted to the LibreOffice Documentation folders in Nextcloud, you will see it in your root directory of the Files app.
You may also use the tip explained here using the Nextcloud client in your desktop or tablet.