Software Freedom Day
|Dates||September 20th, 2014
(some events on other days)
Software Freedom Day (SFD) is a worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). Our goal in this celebration is to educate the worldwide public about the benefits of using high quality FOSS in education, in government, at home, and in business -- in short, everywhere! The non-profit organization Software Freedom International coordinates SFD at a global level, providing support, giveaways and a point of collaboration, but volunteer teams around the world organize the local SFD events to impact their own communities.
If your local LibreOffice group is running a SFD event, or if you know of an SFD event that will have LibreOffice involvement, please list it below!
- Phil Shaprio/DC Libraries -- Planning an event in Washington, DC.
- Remy DeCausemaker/RIT -- Invited us to participate in the MAGIC lab's all-day (and all-night) event -- Rochester, NY
- Robinson Tryon -- Will be in the DFW area, and will investigate what other people are planning -- Dallas, TX
- (Norbert --> Will be in the Dallas area & could do something)
- (Dan/Lucy VanStone --> Also Dallas area, & might be available)
- PACSnet.org -- Charlie Reisinger + LibreOffice talk at their monthly meeting -- Philadelphia, PA
- Free Geek Chicago -- Planning a general SFD event; Robinson pinged them about collaboration w/LibreOffice -- Chicago, IL
- Bryan Smith -- He'll probably be in Orlando/Florida
- Deb Nicholson -- She'll know what's going on in Boston