How to trigger a dialogue box when opening a query
The objective is to create a query with one or more parameterised variables. LibreOffice asks you to enter the values for these parameters with a dialogue box as soon as the query is executed.
To trigger the dialogue box when the query is run, you must insert a particular criterion in the columns of the fields concerned.
- Either ?
- Or a criterion in the form :Parameter_Name
- By default the query uses the entered value for an exact search. To effect a partial match search, use the form "LIKE :parameter_name"
- Parameter names cannot include spaces
- Parameters must not be enclosed in square brackets ( [ and ] )
- The underscore character may be used
When the dialogue box opens :
- for an exact match search, type the word (Base automatically adds single quotes)
- for a partial match search, use the keyword LIKE and then enclose your entry between percent signs ("%")
- to allow the search to match the entered string in either upper or lower case (ie case insensitive), the field definition must have type definition "VARCHAR_IGNORECASE"
A 'form' created with this request, with the wizard, will allow the dialogue box to open and then perform the query to select and display records.
In the same way, a report created in draft mode, with the wizard, will allow the dialogue box to open and then perform the query to select and display records.