How do I print my spreadsheet correctly?
In general, the best way to print a spreadsheet correctly is to use Print Preview, then adjust the settings in order to obtain the desired effect.
The following procedure explains the principal options for printing a spreadsheet:
- With the spreadsheet open, go to ▸ .
- In the window that opens, use the navigation buttons to view your sheet. If the sheet is too wide for the page, so that columns are missing or appear on the following pages:
- Close the Print Preview window by clicking the Close button at the right of the navigation bar.
- Change the print settings and return to the print preview.
Note : This command allows you to verify that the current page number corresponds to the data that you wish to print. It is particularly useful when you wish to print only part of the spreadsheet.
Here are the principal options for settings:
- To orient the page (Portrait or Landscape), see the question How to choose the orientation of the spreadsheet
- To see the page edges, see the question How to display the edges of the page as in text processing
- If you do not want to print the whole sheet, see the question How to print only part of a sheet
- To adjust the number of pages for printing, see the questions How do I print everything on one single page, when my spreadsheet occupies several pages? or How to control the print zoom in order to limit the number of pages that need to be printed or How do I print my sheet across the whole page, when it is quite small and only occupies part of the printed page?
- If certain parts of the sheet fail to print, see the question Why does my sheet or a part of my sheet refuse to print? I can't see it in Print Preview mode.
- If you want to print a spreadsheet in the center of a page, see the question How do I center my table in the page