Frequently asked questions - Calc
How do I create my own sort lists?
Calc has a particularly useful trick. When, for example, you write a day of the week and then drag the handle at the bottom right of the cell, the other days of the week are written automatically into the following cells.
You can create your own personalized lists as follows:
- Go to ▸ ▸ ▸
- Click on the New button.
- In the Entries area, type the words that will form your list, separated by the ↵ Enter key.
- When the list is complete, confirm by clicking OK.
Another faster method:
- In an open spreadsheet, type the words of your list into adjacent cells.
- Select the area containing the words.
- Go to ▸ ▸ ▸ .
- At the bottom of the window, the Copy list from should contain the coordinates of the selected area. If this is correct, accept the list by clicking Copy; if not, correct the coordinates before clicking the button.
- Click OK.
Now you can type a word from your list and, when you drag the cell handle, the other elements will be copied, starting again from the beginning of the list where necessary.
The order of the words in your list can be used for sorting data:
- Select the data to be sorted.
- Open the Sort dialog by using ▸ .
- On the Options tab, check Custom Sort Order and choose the list you want.
If a list ceases to be useful, you can delete it :
- Go to ▸ ▸ ▸
- Click on the list to be deleted.
- Click the Delete button.
- Confirm the deletion and then click OK.