From The Document Foundation Wiki
How to make a carriage return take you to the row below and the cell to the left
|Header of column A||Header of column B|
How do we go from cell B1 to cell A2 when filling the table:
- using the keyboard
- Enter the value in A1, then press the Tab ↹ key. The cursor moves to B1
- Enter the value in B1, the press ↵ Enter. The cursor moves to A2
To produce this behaviour, go to▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ and check the Press Enter to move selection. Then in the listbox to the right, choose Down.
- an old solution using the mouse:
- select the whole area that you want to fill
- pass from box to box by using Tab ↹: after B1, the active box passes to A2
- using a macro to reproduce the movement of the cursor from cell to cell and the series of keystrokes after validation of the input.
- using the data entry form:
- insert the column headers for A, B, C, etc ...
- select the headers
- go to ▸ and fill the fields of the form
- each new field will be written underneath the preceding one