How to save URLs as relative paths?
The choice between relative and absolute is made under the▸ ▸ ▸ menu by (un)checking Save URLs relative to... (file system and/or internet).
However, when relative save is selected, the paths displayed are always absolute. For example, while inserting a picture in a document, the path seems to never be "relative"
Is there an additional parameter to set? No, no additional parameter is necessary:
- The software always displays the "real" path of the picture inserted as a link, what is more "comfortable" for the user because the path is more readable.
- But the path is stored effectively as relative.
For exemple, a picture where the path is displayed as file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Pierre-Yves/My Documents/LibreOffice/Capture/ The real stored URL is:
<draw:image xlink:href="../../../LibreOffice/Captures/about.png" xlink:type="simple" xlink:show="embed" xlink:actuate="onLoad" draw:filter-name="<Tous les formats>"/>
- The relative addressing is only possible if the source and the referenced document are on the same device.
- A relative address always begins by the directory in which is the current document. An absolute address, however, always begin by the root directory.
- The tip systematically displays the absolute path.