How are changes made to templates applied to documents?
LibreOffice recognize as "sticky" templates those that are stored in:
- The directory of shared templates
- The directory of user templates
- All the templates folders defined in ▸ ▸ ▸
When you open a document based on a template, the document is verified to detect a modification of the template. The user has the choice between Update styles (apply the modification made to the template) or Keep the legacy styles (do not apply the modifications made to the template).
If you do not want to benefit from this functionality, it is enough to save the "non sticky" templates in one or more directories different from those listed above.
The creation of a document based on these templates is carried out in the usual way:
- ▸ ▸ to open the templates viewer
- Right click on the template, select Open