Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How do I do a multiple selection of text?
To copy, cut, format or delete pieces of text at different places in a document:
- For each individual selection, press Ctrl while clicking or dragging the mouse.
Another method exists, suitable for the "lazy" (those who don't want to press Ctrl during 150 pages!):
- Click once on the area in the status bar
- Chose in the drop down list.
- Or .
- Or .
- The mode has the same function as ⇧ Shift+Click. It allows you to select the text between the first click and the one that follows the mode selection.
- The mode has the same function as Ctrl+Click. It allows you to perform a multiple selection in the text using the mouse.
- The mode has the same function as Alt+Click. It allows you to perform a rectangular selection of text.