From The Document Foundation Wiki
How do I do a multiple selection of text?
To copy, cut, format, or delete pieces of text at different places in a document:
- for each individual selection, press Ctrl while clicking or dragging the mouse.
Another method exists, suitable for the “lazy” (those who don’t want to press Ctrl through 150 pages!):
- click once on the area in the status bar;
- from the drop-down list choose one of the following:
- the mode has the same function as ⇧ Shift+Click. It allows you to select the text between the first click and the one that follows the mode selection;
- the mode has the same function as Ctrl+Click. It allows you to perform a multiple selection in the text using the mouse; and
- the mode has the same function as Alt+Click. It allows you to perform a rectangular selection of text.