Frequently asked questions - Writer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How do I find special characters inside a document?
- use the ▸ menu;
- in the Find area, enter:
- click the More Options button;
- check Regular Expressions; and
- click Find all.
- ^ at the beginning of the enumeration between brackets ( [^ ) means “all that is not between brackets.” It is possible to complete the list depending on what is looked for. For example
- [:alnum:] matches an alphanumeric character;
- the * character is a wild multiplier allowing you to find the characters defined previously (here, the ones listed between the brackets) regardless of how often they occur.