Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How do I find special characters inside a document?
- Use the ▸ menu
- In the Find area, enter:
- Click the More Options button
- Check Regular Expressions
- Click Find all
- ^ at the beginning of the enumeration between brackets ( [^ ) means all that is not between brackets. It is possible to complete the list depending on what is looked for. For example
- [:alnum:] matches an alphanumeric character.
- The * character is a wild multiplier allowing you to find the characters defined previously (here, the ones listed between the brackets) regardless of how often they occur.