This page describes information about performing a Migration to LibreOffice from another product.
Types of Migrations
Typically, migrations are performed by an organization or company with multiple individuals using a particular piece of software (e.g. MS-Office) or a particular file format (e.g. DOC binary format)
We have an MS-Office-to-LibreOffice whitepaper available on the Common share of our ownCloud repository.
To get the newest version, please look in the 'whitepapers' directory. We have source (ODT) and print-ready (PDF) files available:
Talks about Migration
We had several migration talks at the 2014 LibreOffice Annual Conference in Bern, CH.
- Migration track
- (TODO -- link to talk slides and video from here..)
Migrations in the World
- Information on the Wiki Help about How to migrate Base macros.
- More in-depth information about Macros in Database Documents
- Deployment and Migration - Some old (out of date?) information on migration; Possibly Windows-only
- Feature Comparison: LibreOffice - Microsoft Office - Comparison between LibreOffice and MS-Office suites