Our community is preparing for the release of LibreOffice 6.1.0. We've added many new features and fixed loads of bugs (see below...), and we want to make sure that the new version is well-tested. You can help to make this release a great one!
- Be aware however that the translations for this version are still being done and are not yet integrated.
- Be aware however that it is an beta version. So be careful with your data and don't test it with data you need for your daily work.
On May 28, 2018 we will have an international Bug Hunting Session (BHS), testing the Beta version of LibreOffice 6.1.0. Please join us! :-)
How to Test it
1. Download LibreOffice 6.1 Beta.
See the hints above in "Quick Start".
The builds will be available at the time the Bug Hunting Session starts. In case they are not, the master builds could be use as well.
2. Install it. (Note that it will not replace your actual installation -- this is a development version that will not install as a production version.)
3. Test it.
When: May 28, 2018
Feel free to join us at any point during this Monday.
- #Mentors will be available from 08:00 UTC to 20:00 UTC on that date.
If you cannot join us during this session, you are always welcome to help us hunt for bugs on other days. The builds of this particular Alpha release (LibreOffice 6.1.0 Alpha) will be available until mid of May ;-)
What to test
We aim to:
- Do as much testing on the 6.1.0 as possible
- Triage all already-filed issues for this version, so that it's as clear as possible for the developers to step in!
There are always more ways to test: do your regular tasks, structured tests, or play with the new features..
Choose what suits best for you :-) All testing is great and important, and the more we are, the more chance we have to hunt a bug!
So take one of those:
- Your own favourite features
- Look at the new 6.1 features
- pick a component and check for bugs that were fixed in this release:
- <your refactoring here> ...
You want to participate for a short period of time or only on a dedicated module, join us for this dedicated session that will happen between 10:00 and 12:00h UTC and between 14:00 and 16:00h UTC on Monday.
During those dedicated sessions, we will focus on two of the tenders being implemented in 6.1.
In the first session we will focus on the improve image handling tender.
In the second session, we will focus on the implement HSQLDB binary format import tender.
- For example, you can download databases from other bugs and check that no error is prompted or crash happens when the database is exported to Firebird.
These dedicated sessions will ease reproduction of bugs, make it more fun to work together and at the end, we will have bugs confirmed or filled in a more complete manner.
Found a bug?
At first, make sure it isn't already reported by searching in our bug database. If it isn't reported yet, you can add it to our bug database using our ticket system with a guided form to report bugs. If you are more confident with Bugzilla, you can report your bug using the [https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED Bugzilla interface. When you want to discuss first, use chat or mail, fast and direct.
Get a little support
Other users and testers are on IRC and the mailing list to help with any question. Don't be shy, don't hesitate to ask!
If you have an idea for a test case, feel welcome to post this at our QA mailing list
Who's available to manage the connect via webchat channel? It would be great to have a couple of people providing coverage most of the day...
Joining us for Bug Hunting Fun?
It'd be very helpful for us if you could register for the TDF Wiki and add your name or IRC nick below. This helps us keep track of participation in the event, and gives us stats to help us plan our next Bug Hunting event!
- xisco: Mentoring.
- buovjaga: Mentoring.
- Bearon. Mentoring.
- Sophie. Mentoring.
- mkara. Mentoring.
- ggurbet. Mentoring.
- deneb_alpha: Mentoring.
I don't want to commit to a particular day!
For those of you who like to keep things loose and fluid, please add your name (and/or IRC nick) below. We're looking forward to seeing you in #libreoffice-qa at some point during the weekend :-)
- (your name here)