The Document Foundation (TDF) is a charitable Foundation organized in Germany to manage and serve the LibreOffice Community, hold the assets relating to the LibreOffice project, and promote FLOSS.
Per the TDF's website, the Foundation...
- is an independent self-governing meritocratic entity, created by former leading members of the OpenOffice.org Community, in the form of a charitable Foundation under German law (gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts).
- continues to build on the foundation of ten years' dedicated work by the OpenOffice.org Community.
- was created in the belief that the culture born of an independent Foundation brings out the best in contributors and will deliver the best software for users.
- is open to any individual who agrees with our core values and contributes to our activities.
- welcomes corporate participation, e.g. by sponsoring individuals to work as equals alongside other contributors in the community.
Anyone may apply to join the Foundation. See the following links for more details:
Current TDF projects include
The TDF Board
For more information, please see the pages in the Category:TDF, as well as the Official Website below.
- https://www.documentfoundation.org/ - Official Website