Board of Directors Decisions

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< TDF
Jump to: navigation, search

This page lists the formal decisions of the TDF Board of Directors (plus those of the former Steering Committee).

Decisions after Foundation incorporation

ser. no. Date of decision full text of proposal further information voting result comments
20180727-01
2018-07-27
Proposal for topping up the budget by 14.000 € to a total of 54.000 € (to have some reserve) has been accepted http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/DECISION-topping-up-LibOCon-budget-td4244845.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.
20180605-01
2018-06-05
BPM-Conseil to become a member of our Advisory Board http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/DECISION-BPM-Conseil-Advisory-Board-membership-td4241390.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.
20180413-05
2018-04-13
Approve COSM project [ODF TC editor] proposal. Outline: 10k EUR seed funding, and a capped max of additional 20k EUR to match other incoming funds, for this fiscal year. Thorsten authorized to sign the contract on behalf of the Board. https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/msg04109.html 5 approvals, 2 abstain, 0 disapprovals
20180413-04
2018-04-13
Florian to sign the letter of completeness ("Vollständigkeitserklärung") towards the tax advisor. Florian to sign and send in the documents for the foundation authorities and the tax office, both on behalf of the board. http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Board-of-Directors-Meeting-2018-04-13-td4239239.html unanimous approval.
20180413-03
2018-04-13
2017 closing ledger approved http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Board-of-Directors-Meeting-2018-04-13-td4239239.html unanimous approval.
20180413-02
2018-04-13
reserve building and budget for 2018 approved http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Board-of-Directors-Meeting-2018-04-13-td4239239.html unanimous approval.
20180413-01
2018-04-13
annual activity report for 2017 approved http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Board-of-Directors-Meeting-2018-04-13-td4239239.html unanimous approval.
20180319-01
2018-03-19
As per § 1, the proposed changes are hereby published to the members. The changes affect the listing of responsibilities in § 3, which is updated as follows:

§ 3. Internal delegation of responsibilities will read as follows:
employees: Michael, Thorsten
infrastructure: Franklin, Kendy
QA: Cor, Marina
documentation: Marina, Kendy, Osvaldo
native language projects, translation, marketing, non-English QA activities etc: Franklin, Osvaldo
certifications and other business development activities: Franklin, Marina
development: Michael, Eike
license: Simon, Michael
releases including schedules: Michael, Björn
events: Cor, Björn
affiliations, e.g. advisory board, peer foundations, politics: Björn, Simon
marketing, communication & design: Cor, Franklin
assets, finance: Thorsten, Cor
contracts, hiring, taxes, legal compliance, GDPR, trademarks and brands: Simon, Eike

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Updates-to-the-Board-of-Directors-Rules-of-Procedure-td4235824.html
20180306-01
2018-03-06
Approve the budget for marketing and community, which in the latest iteration of the spreadsheet have 27.000,00 € for community and 31.500,00 € for marketing. http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Board-decision-on-budgets-td4234821.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20180226-01
2018-02-26
Marina elected as Chair / Bjoern elected as Deputy Chair http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Board-of-Directors-Meeting-2018-02-26-td4234385.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals /7 approvals, O neutral, O disapprovals
20180226-02
2018-02-26
Hamburg Hackfest tenders:
contract CIB for work package 1 with Armin as mentor
contract Collabora for work package 2 with Miklos as mentor
private meeting 4 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20180116-01
2018-01-16
out-of-order approval for 13.500 EUR for the Hamburg Hackfest TNG private e-mail vote 5 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20180108-01
2018-01-08
Eur 2.5k now for Boston certification meeting private meeting 6/6
20171218-01
2017-12-18
tasks and priorities
  • A/B testing & income optimization & segmentation
  • resolve the mentor situation (development / non-development / shared?)
  • insurance extension
  • Federal data protection act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) & EU General Data Protection Regulation
  • documentation refresh & rapid drive to completion
  • CiviCRM deployment and adoption
  • Viable Android project
  • Solution for Board & community meetings (e.g. Jitsi) with phone connectivity
  • ConCardis replacement
  • Shared Authentication - then Single Sign On across all services
  • Viable iOS project
  • Viable macOS app store project
  • Hosted Nextcloud + LibreOffice Online for use by all with LDAP access.
  • HR workflow for regular Board engagement with staff
  • (mid- to long-term) capital investment and policy
  • community bylaws and/or update of statutes
  • open further bank accounts
private meeting unanimous agreement
20171218-02
2017-12-18
next regular meeting is January 8 instead of January 1 private meeting unanimous agreement
20171204-01
2017-12-04
FOSDEM Schedule, with Board meeting on Monday, February 5 https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2017#Minutes_2017-12-04 unanimous agreement
20171120-01
2017-11-20
go ahead with CiviCRM https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2017#Minutes_2017-11-20 5/5
20171118-01
2017-11-18
Agree to co-sign the following statement, drafted by FSFE & other good friends in Munich: https://muenchen-bleibt-frei.de - conditional to that TDF must not be the only signer https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/msg04088.html 6 approvals, 1 abstain, 0 disapprovals
20171023-01
2017-10-23
new BoD meeting time is Mondays 1400 Berlin time https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2017#Minutes_2017-10-23 unanimous agreement
20171027-01
2017-10-27
Advertise for Development Mentor private e-mail vote 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20171009-01
2017-10-09
create a Eur 5k sundries budget, Florian and/or Sophie approve up to Eur 500 without further approval, can re-charge from various budgets as/when private in-person meeting 7/7
20170929-01
2017-09-29
Tender to Implement Accessibility Improvements (#201704-01)

Tender to improve image handling in LibreOffice (#201705-01)

Tender to deprecate LibreOffice’s SVG filter in favour of SVGIO (#201705-02)

Tender to implement HSQLDB binary format import in LibreOffice (#201705-03)

https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/msg04087.html 4/4
20170925-01
2017-09-25
Provision up to 55.000 € in total for Conference budget https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2017#Minutes_2017-09-25 unanimous agreement
20170925-02
2017-09-25
Budget 1.500 € out of either infra or office for Cloph's build laptop private meeting unanimous agreement
20170906-01
2017-09-06
Approve contract with Fri programvaru-syndikatet Gbg (“Friprogramvarusyndikatet”) for infrastructure and system administration services, and authorize Michael Meeks to docusign the contract on behalf of TDF private e-mail vote 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20170906-02
2017-09-06
Accept letter of engagement with US law firm and authorize Florian to sign it on behalf of TDF. private e-mail vote 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20170717-01
2017-07-17
LibOCon 2018 in Albania private meeting 7/7
20170717-02
2017-07-17
NOT renewing MIMO's free Advisory Board membership private meeting 7/7
20170717-03
2017-07-17
accept Kopano in our Advisory Board private meeting 7/7
20170711-01
2017-07-11
Approval of the trademark demarkation agreement ("delimitation and priority agreement") between TDF and Libri, in the version titled "Agreement.docx" as attached to this e-mail private e-mail vote 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20170703-01
2017-07-03
Advisory Board renewals: SPI, FSF, FSFE, KDE, GNOME private meeting 5/5
20170703-02
2017-07-03
conference budget: invite for a total of 44.000 €, getting over-budget; vote on spending ~18k € more than budgetted private meeting 5/5
20170605-01
2017-06-05
contract Development Mentor this week if un-contested private meeting 5/5
20170503-01
2017-05-03
Approve 2nd contract with Jan Iversen for tools & scripting private e-mail vote 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20170410-01
2017-04-10
Approval of the annual activity report for 2016 https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2017#Minutes_2017-04-10 5/5
20170410-02
2017-04-10
Approval of the 2016 closing ledger https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2017#Minutes_2017-04-10 5/5
20170410-03
2017-04-10
Approval of the reserve building and 2017 budget https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2017#Minutes_2017-04-10 5/5
20170410-04
2017-04-10
Thorsten and Eike to sign the letter of completeness ("Vollständigkeitserklärung") towards the tax advisor. Thorsten and Eike to sign the documents for the foundation authorities and the tax office, both on behalf of the board https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2017#Minutes_2017-04-10 5/5
20170403-01
2017-04-03
Approve special projects budget:
  • Pootle maintenance, 1yr: 8.280,00 €
  • Budget for Windows OS licenses for VMs: 1.000,00 €
  • Accessibility improvements: 10.000,00 €
  • Image handling re-work: 40.000,00 €
  • Free office lessons: 1.900,00 €
  • CiviCRM: 10.000,00 €
  • 4k screens for QA: 2.000,00 €
  • Deprecate SVG filter in favour of SVGIO: 10.000,00 €
  • HSQLDB binary format import: 30.000,00 €

For a total of 113.180,00 €.

private e-mail vote 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20170327-01
2017-03-27
Vote to empower Michael to docusign Jan's contract on behalf of TDF private meeting 5/5
20170227-01
2017-02-27
approve Florian signing of contract with Italo Vignoli (e-mail as of 2017-02-22, 16:03) private meeting unanimous approval modulo abstention of Andreas Mantke
20170213-01
2017-02-13
Jan Iversen moving from contractor to volunteer end-March https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2017#Minutes_2017-02-13 unanimous agreement
20170203-01
2018-02-03
everyone approves the budget as per Google Doc private in-person meeting 7/7
20170203-02
2018-02-03
sign contract with Heiko Tietze private in-person meeting 7/7
20170203-03
2018-02-03
approve contract with Italo Vignoli private in-person meeting 7/7
20170124-01
2017-01-24
Approve 5k EUR for buying 7 Mac hardware for urgent bugfixing private e-mail vote 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20170124-02
2017-01-24
Approve 700 EUR for buying a HiDPI / 4k screen for urgent bugfixing private e-mail vote 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20170109-01
2017-01-09
Automated Help/Documentation screenshot creation tender, pending 7.616,00 €, pay private meeting unanimous agreement
20170109-02
2017-01-09
Profile corruption safe-mode tender, pending 3.236,80 €, show all of the problems, ask for only 4 to be fixed private meeting unanimous agreement
20170109-03
2017-01-09
improved format validity checks tender, pending 6.568,80 €, pay private meeting unanimous agreement
20161219-01
2016-12-19
priorities list: adopt it, and don't touch it until new tasks need re-prioritising private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20161219-02
2016-12-19
Automated a11y based UI testing: M2 ok to pay next year private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20161219-03
2016-12-19
Automated Help/Documentation screenshot creation: check with Olivier, and pay the 30%, and re-visit for final 20% acceptance private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20161205-01
2016-12-05
opportunistically un-limit all contracts private board meeting 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20161121-01
2016-11-21
Florian to sign contract with Sophie private board meeting 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20161121-02
2016-11-21
bring CIB's Advisory Board fee in-line -> $5k private board meeting 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20161011-01
2016-10-11
According to the TDF statues the Membership Committee choses a chair person. Cor is offering to take that role. No other proposals are made. Proposal: Cor Nouws to be the chairman of the membership committee. Decision: Cor Nouws is the chairman of the membership committee https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03699.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20161010-01
2016-10-10
Michael to sign Sysadmin contract private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20161010-02
2016-10-10
file trademark registration private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160926-01
2016-09-26
Sysadmin contract private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160916-01
2016-09-16
Proposal: The board has pre-approved 30.000 € for inviting attendees to LibOCon. Out of the invited contributors, 32 will join, including board and team, so we end up with ~30.000 € costs. The program committee has made a decision now, and there are 19 speakers confirmed so far who should be invited as well, so we would need another 20.000 € for travels. Asking for approval of this. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03687.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20160727-01
2016-07-27
Proposal: Canonical to join the TDF Advisory Board. Decision: The proposal has been accepted.
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03664.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20160718-01
2016-07-18
publish Download and donate page tender tomorrow https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2016#Minutes_2016-07-18 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160715-01
2016-07-15
vote on the following updated § 3 of the rules of procedure (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_rules):

§ 3. Internal delegation of responsibilities - Internally, the board has decided on the following split of responsibilities:

  • employees: Michael Meeks, Thorsten Behrens
  • infrastructure: Norbert Thiebaud
  • QA: Marina Latini, Osvaldo Gervasi
  • documentation: Jan Holešovský, Marina Latini
  • native language projects, translation, marketing, non-English QA activities etc: Osvaldo Gervasi, Eike Rathke
  • certifications and other business development activities: Marina Latini, Osvaldo Gervasi, Simon Phipps
  • development: Björn Michaelsen, Eike Rathke, Michael Meeks
  • license: Michael Meeks, Simon Phipps
  • releases including schedules: Michael Meeks, Björn Michaelsen
  • events: Björn Michaelsen, Marina Latini
  • affiliations, e.g. advisory board, peer foundations, politics: Andreas Mantke, Björn Michaelsen, Simon Phipps
  • marketing, communication & design: Jan Holešovský, Marina Latini
  • assets, finance: Thorsten Behrens, Norbert Thiebaud
  • contracts, taxes, legal compliance, trademarks and brands: Thorsten Behrens, Simon Phipps
private e-mail vote 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160713-01
2016-07-13
Proposal: Accept GNOME and KDE into the TDF advisory board, recognizing their transformative impact on desktop FLOSS computing - they built the foundations LibreOffice relies upon, on free operating systems. On acceptance reciprocation by GNOME, nominate Norbert Thiebaud as TDF's advisory board representative on the GNOME AB.
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03659.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20160706-01
2016-07-06
Proposal: A film production company is asking for a formal authorization to use LibreOffice as a pro in one of their production. Decision: The proposal has been accepted.
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03658.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20160704-01
2016-07-04
approve Eur 30k for conference https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2016#Minutes_2016-07-04 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160704-02
2016-07-04
Profile safe mode tender proposal, ~16,2k € instead of provisioned 10k € https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2016#Minutes_2016-07-04 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals; Thorsten had left the call before
20160630-01
2016-06-30
update to the Advisory Board

remove directly:

  • SUSE
  • Intel
  • Lanedo
  • KACST
  • CloudOn

approach again:

  • AMD
  • ITOMIG
  • MIMO
private e-mail vote 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160624-01
2016-06-24
A film production company is asking for a formal authorization to use LibreOffice as a pro in one of their production. private e-mail vote 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160624-02
2016-06-24
approve safe mode tender proposal private e-mail vote 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160620-01
2016-06-20
associate with FSFE https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2016#Minutes_2016-06-20 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160620-02
2016-06-20
enable Google Adwords with LibreOffice for CIB too https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2016#Minutes_2016-06-20 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160606-01
2016-06-06
The new membership committee, as well as future membership committees until otherwise decided, will consist of a total of nine (9) members: five (5) seat holders plus four (4) deputies. https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2016#Minutes_2016-06-06 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160606-02
2016-06-06
sign off on Bitergia Dashboard delivery https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings/2016#Minutes_2016-06-06 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160606-03
2016-06-06
publish infra sysadmin tender private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160606-04
2016-06-06
accept Profile safe mode tender proposal at price specificed private board meeting 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals; Thorsten had left the call before
20160523-01
2016-05-23
Changes for tdf-members list


Proposed text for the footer:

"Postings on this list are considered private communication among TDF members. Please do *not* share outside this circle!"

Proposed text for the announcement on the list, to also be sent to any new subscriber as the welcome message:
"Dear members,

the TDF board & staff is working on improving communication and transparency of how TDF operates, and what decisions are taken.

One of the items identified is that you, as trustees of the foundation, deserve more timely updates on what's going on. As these things go, that sometimes requires confidentiality, as e.g. press statements need to be refined, people briefed, or competitors not to be alerted ahead of time.

So effective today, postings on this list are considered private communication among TDF members. To assure mutual confidentiality, and for being able to share increasingly more stuff with you as members, TDF asks you to specifically not forward emails from this list, or otherwise spread information conveyed.

Please understand that leakage of any kind will heavily disincentivize future sharing of information - let's all try to not be tempted. :)"

There were several additional items related to that, without which the above makes little sense:

  • the board agrees that all decision-making is public-by-default
  • for private discussion / decisions:
    • define a reason (e.g. personal data, NDA requirements, priviledged communiction, other legal risks)
    • define a sunset period, by which time the decision will be made public. Unless we're legally required, I fail to see any area where that period would be forever
    • define a scope (bod-only (perhaps sometimes excluding CoI-ed members), bod+ED, members-only). No other groups.
private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160523-02
2016-05-23
contract for Pootle, budget Eur ~25k private board meeting 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160523-03
2016-05-23
approve Florian to sign UX contract private board meeting 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160509-01
2016-05-09
vote to sign Markus & Khaled contracts, authorize Florian to sign private board meeting 5 approvals, 2 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160425-01
2016-04-25
contract for Pootle private board meeting 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160425-02
2016-04-25
prolonge CIB TM and issue one to Bolzano, Bari & Umbria, with a notice of possibly upcoming change. Form a TM committee to hash out ways forward & handle incoming applications private board meeting 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160421-01
2016-04-21
the board has decided on a change to the rules of procedure: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_rules As per § 1, the proposed changes are hereby published to the members. Added text:

"With a view to ensuring that decisions can be made in the most timely way possible while still ensuring every director is empowered, the Board RESOLVES that:

  • Any motion supplied to all directors and/or adequately described on an agenda, in either case issued at least 4 days in advance of a properly constituted and quorate Board meeting, may be passed by a simple majority of those present at that meeting.
  • Any motion introduced or substantially changed after that point may be passed by the same simple majority but must be confirmed on the agenda of the next meeting or according to e-mail voting rules, and any non-reversible actions of the motion delayed until it is confirmed."
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03648.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20160418-01
2016-04-18
Proposal: Approval of the annual activity report for 2015 - Vote: 7/7 + 2 deputies - Decision: annual activity report for 2015 approved

Proposal: Approval of the 2015 closing ledger - Vote: 7/7 + 2 deputies - Decision: 2015 closing ledger approved
Proposal: Approval of the reserve building and 2016 budget - Vote: 7/7 + 2 deputies - Decision: reserve building and budget for 2016 approved
Proposal: The board authorizes Thorsten Behrens and Eike Rathke to sign the letter of completeness ("Vollständigkeitserklärung") towards the tax advisor, and to sign the documents for the foundation authorities and the tax office, both on behalf of the board. - Vote: 5/7, Thorsten and Eike abstain + 2 deputies - Decision: The board authorizes Thorsten Behrens and Eike Rathke to sign the letter of completeness ("Vollständigkeitserklärung") towards the tax advisor, and to sign the documents for the foundation authorities and the tax office, both on behalf of the board.

https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03650.html
20160412-01
2016-04-12
Change our travel policy at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Policies/Travel#Personal_Cars to read

Old: "The use of personal cars is permitted, if this is the most economic transportation. Using a personal car in any case needs a signed travel report, including kilometers travelled. TDF will refund 0.30€ per _distance_ kilometer."
New: "The use of personal cars is permitted, if this is the most economic transportation. Using a personal car in any case needs a signed travel report, including kilometers travelled. TDF will refund 0.30€ per _driven_ kilometer.
TDF asks everyone to use the most cost efficient end-to-end means of transport for yourself, team-mates and materials. When cheaper public transportation is available, it should be preferred. Transporting event materials or excessive transfer times might be reasons for exemption. If in any doubt, please get confirmation before travel."
Change: Pay 0,30 € per _driven_ instead of _distance_ kilometer, effectively doubling the rate. This is in line with the tax regulations, but we ask to use reasonable means of transportation to keep costs low.

https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03645.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20160411-01
2016-04-11
Updated rule of procedure:

Proposal: "With a view to ensuring that decisions can be made in the most timely way possible while still ensuring every director is empowered, the Board RESOLVES that:

  • Any motion supplied to all directors and/or adequately described on an agenda, in either case issued at least 4 days in advance of a properly constituted and quorate Board meeting, may be passed by a simple majority of those present at that meeting.
  • Any motion introduced or substantially changed after that point may be passed by the same simple majority but must be confirmed on the agenda of the next meeting or according to e-mail voting rules, and any non-reversible actions of the motion delayed until it is confirmed."
private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160404-01
2016-04-04
Temporarily resurrect these two 2015 approver lists (and put that back on the wiki):
  • marketing budget - Eur 20k (any 2x of: Italo, Kendy, Thorsten as approvers)
  • community event budget - Eur 20k (any 2x of: Caolan, Michael, Bjoern as approvers)
private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160302-01
2016-03-02
Authorize Florian to fill https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KahcpKSlIxHhY1SpKoTqeItimhfDQVQOmErYyePOltA/viewform?c=0&w=1, representing TDF, thusly having TDF endorsing https://www.eff.org/files/2016/02/22/brussels_declaration.pdf https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03620.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20160223-01
2016-02-23
Change to the rules of procedure as per § 1, the proposed changes are hereby published to the members. The changes affect the listing of responsibilities in § 3, which is updated as follows:
  • employees: Michael Meeks, Thorsten Behrens
  • infrastructure: Andreas Mantke, Norbert Thiebaud
  • QA: Marina Latini, Osvaldo Gervasi
  • documentation: Jan Holešovský, Marina Latini
  • native language projects, translation, marketing, non-English QA activities etc: Osvaldo Gervasi, Eike Rathke
  • certifications and other business development activities: Marina Latini, Osvaldo Gervasi, Simon Phipps
  • development: Björn Michaelsen, Eike Rathke, Michael Meeks
  • license: Michael Meeks, Simon Phipps
  • releases including schedules: Michael Meeks, Björn Michaelsen
  • events: Björn Michaelsen, Marina Latini
  • affiliations, e.g. advisory board, peer foundations, politics: Andreas Mantke, Björn Michaelsen, Simon Phipps
  • marketing, communication & design: Jan Holešovský, Marina Latini
  • assets, finance: Thorsten Behrens, Norbert Thiebaud
  • contracts, taxes, legal compliance, trademarks and brands: Thorsten Behrens, Simon Phipps
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03599.html
20160218-03
2016-02-18
Contract the designer of the LibreOffice website to provide a theme, contract a Plone core developer for content migration and support; both without tendering, given it fits in the existing 25k € budget private board meeting 5 approvals, 2 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160218-04
2016-02-18
Time for future board meetings is every other Monday 1700 Berlin time, starting February 29th private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160218-05
2016-02-18
accept Bitergia's Dashboard proposal within the existing budget of up to 15k € private board meeting 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals
20160218-02
2016-02-18
Proposal to elect Michael Meeks as Deputy Chairman https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03597.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20160218-01
2016-02-18
Proposal to elect Marina Latini as Chairwoman https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03597.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20160120-01
2016-01-20
Proposal: Switch to revocable but non-time limited TM licenses https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03616.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20151125-01
2015-11-25
Request: contract Jan Iversen as Development Mentoring Lead https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03518.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals. (quorum)
20151119-02
2015-11-19
A grant proposal to have Kohei Yoshida at the LibreOffice Japanese NLP's annual conference, expected costs are 2.250 EUR. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03506.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20151119-01
2015-11-19
Rededicate 3000 Euro from the illustration budget to the marketing project for travel cost and other expenses. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03504.html 4 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20151111-01
2015-11-11
the Board has taken a decision on the warrant for new bank accounts that we now make public in accordance with our statutes. The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote. The vote is quorate. A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

Proposal: For the newly created bank accounts, warrants will be issued for

  • Thorsten Behrens
  • Björn Michaelsen
  • Andreas Mantke
  • Eike Rathke
  • Florian Effenberger

with everyone allowed to act on their own, without a second warrant holder needed..

https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03501.html Thorsten, Björn, Andreas: 5 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals;

Eike, Florian: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

20151014-01
2015-10-14
proposal: approve the following items from the spreadsheet:
  • All about LibreOffice portal/dashboard
  • Marketing role top-up time
  • Documentation coordinator, half-time
  • Automated a11y based UI testing
  • Reference documents comparison
  • SSDs for prominent QA developers
  • Cross-platform font/shaping stubs for layout tests
  • Profile corruption safe-mode ...
  • FLOSS consultancy
  • Automated Help/Documentation screenshot creation
  • Improved Format Validity Checks
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03494.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20151005-01
2015-10-O5
proposal: Authorize Simon Phipps to explore Thunderbird options with Mozilla https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03604.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150925-01
2015-09-25
Have Karl Morten Ramberg as marketing intern for three months. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03479.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150924-01
2015-09-24
Renew Sophie's contracts with all other parameters staying the same, by one year, with contracts now expiring October 31, 2016 https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03478.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150825-01
2015-08-25
Grant Proposal: Creating a LibreOffice community and developer dashboard ("All about LibreOffice") https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03472.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150810-01
2015-08-10
Approval of the budget process https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03461.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150724-01
2015-07-24
Do-FOSS, the initiative for the use of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) by the City of Dortmund, would like to have TDF as a cooperation partner https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03448.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150624-01
2015-06-24
in its meeting on June 24, the board has agreed on the following new board call times: The board calls will be held 90 minutes earlier every other meeting.

This means:

  • We had a call at 17:00 Berlin time (right now 15:00 UTC) on June 24, calendar week 26.
  • No call in calendar week 27, this week.
  • A call at 15:30 Berlin time (right now 13:30 UTC) on July 8, calendar week 28.
  • No call the week thereafter, calendar week 29.
  • A call at 17:00 Berlin time (right now 15:00 UTC) on July 22, calendar week 30.
  • And then the cycle starts again.
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Changed-board-call-times-td4153142.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150415-01
2015-04-15
The activity report and the financial report for 2014 are approved. The board authorizes Thorsten Behrens and Björn Michaelsen to sign the letter of completeness ("Vollständigkeitserklärung") towards the tax advisor, and to sign the documents for the foundation authorities and the tax office, both on behalf of the board. 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150401-01
2015-04-01
Rules of procedures have been updated, Joel will take the following responsibilities: native language projects, translation, marketing, non-English QA activities etc, shared with Fridrich; marketing, communication & design, shared with Eliane; documentation https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03407.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150317-01
2015-03-17
The following items have been approved: Marketing write-up 3,000.00 € owner: Cor, Legal fees and paperwork 20,000.00 €, owners: Florian & Norbert, English course for Sophie 5,000.00 €, Intern: Infra build-up - CI - Build VM horsepower etc 35,000.00 €, owners: Norbert & Bjoern, PR budget, incl. illustration and drafting 50,000.00 €, owners: Michael & Thorsten, Moztrap improvement, owner: Joel https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03398.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20150309-01
2015-03-09
Contract Italo Vignoli on a freelancing basis, time-limited for one year, with 72 hours a month, for marketing and public relations. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03387.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20141210-01
2014-12-10
3.000 € will be dedicated for Gold DFD sponsoring https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03367.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20141205-01
2014-12-05
The following budget items have been approved: Annual report marketing brochure in English: 20.000 EUR; Budget for (potentially virtual / hetrogneous) load/save/validate regression testing capability: 15.000 EUR; Administrative budget: 7.500 EUR; Android version first phase: as previously approved; Executive training for Florian: 5.000 EUR; CeBit 2015: 10.000 EUR; VNC server for daily builds: 2.000 EUR; Usability metrics collection: client functionality + server tweaks + opt-in: 15.000 EUR; Reenable crash reporter for Windows/Mac + analytics on data: 20.000 EUR; Build competitive feature matrix of LibreOffice: 2.500 EUR. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03363.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20141020-01
2014-10-20
Accept the proposal to host the LibreOffice Conference 2015 in Aarhus, Denmark. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03344.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20141003-01
2014-10-03
The board authorizes TDF to join the Open Source Business Alliance. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03340.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-01
2014-09-02
Our new tax advisor will be given a warrant, granting them full authority to represent TDF in all tax matters, towards the tax authorities. At the same time, the existing warrant for our existing tax advisor is rendered invalid. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-02
2014-09-02
200 BRL (50 €) in legal fees for handling the Brazilian domain name issue will be added to the budget. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-03
2014-09-02
After she signed her new freelancer contract, Sophie will be given a bank warrant for TDF's bank accounts, as well as a TDF credit card, to take care of ongoing payments. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-04
2014-09-02
The budget for the AskBot improvements will be topped up by 2.000 €, to foster further improvements. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-05
2014-09-02
The certification program will be continued with a budget of 30.000 € for six months, including enough reserves for handling individual reviews. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-06
2014-09-02
Christian Lohmaier's contract will be updated to 40 hours per week, with more vacation days, starting October 1st, 2014. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-07
2014-09-02
Christian Lohmaier's working contract will be prolonged. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-08
2014-09-02
Florian Effenberger's working contract will be prolonged. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-09
2014-09-02
Alexander Werner's freelancing contract will be prolonged. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-10
2014-09-02
Paid TDF is allowed to invest parts of their paid time with community involvement and representation at events. Concrete amount is to be determine by the executive director. The executive director to have contractors and employees take community involvement and representation as an integral task of their job. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-11
2014-09-02
The new membership committee, as well as future membership committees until otherwise decided, will consist of a total of seven (7) members: five (5) seat holders plus two (2) deputies. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-12
2014-09-02
Fridrich Strba is authorized to send in TDF's approval to the study project conducted by Professor Schoonmaker as discussed before, with having a modified text instead of the original proposal. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140902-13
2014-09-02
The rules of procedure will be adapted based on Norbert's proposal. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03359.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140825-01
2014-08-25
The board authorizes the Executive Director to invest appropriately excess cash reserve into the daily available account with 0,1% p.a. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03315.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140721-01
2014-07-21
Accept the contract for having Robinson Tryon as freelance QA engineer https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03299.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140718-01
2014-07-18
Change § 3 of the rules of procedure https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03289.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140718-01
2014-07-18
Fund a LibreOffice US Hackfest in Boston in July, with a total budget of 7.500 € https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03290.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140416-01
2014-04-16
The activity report and the financial report for 2013 are approved. The board authorizes Thorsten Behrens and Björn Michaelsen to sign the letter of completeness ("Vollständigkeitserklärung") towards the tax advisor, and to sign the documents for the foundation authorities and the tax office, both on behalf of the board. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03260.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140414-01
2014-04-14
Approve the changes in travel policies: adding the wish for travel reports and change to the per-diem rate to reflect binding changes in German tax law.
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03257.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140402-01
2014-04-02
The additional AskBot budget of 4.000 € has been approved. The new total amount for the AskBot budget is 6.540 €, including all taxes.
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03247.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140319-03
2014-03-19
Approve the use of the LibreOffice icon in the DLP logo, acknowledge the branding in toto as posted by Fridrich, and add usage restrictions to the branding policy page.
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03240.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140319-02
2014-03-19
Shift board call to 1500 UTC, starting April 2nd
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03233.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140319-01
2014-03-19
Entitle Charles H.Schulz to continue the volunteer inbound marketing activities he has managed during the last 2 years - back then as a member of the Board of Directors - and to act as a spokesperson with the media and at conferences, until further notice.
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03233.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140305-03
2014-03-05
Host a formal project named Document Liberation Project as official part of TDF. Requirements are domain names, web and mail infrastructure.
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03239.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140305-02
2014-03-05
Contract Alexander Werner on a freelancing basis, time-limited until end of February 2015, with 20 hours per week, to maintain TDF's infrastructure
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03232.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140305-01
2014-03-05
Amend the rules of procedure
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03232.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140224-01
2014-02-24
Approval for amended Rules of Procedure:
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03227.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140219-08
2014-02-19
Have an initial certification group with the following nine members: Cor Nouws, Italo Vignoli, Jacqueline Rahemipour, Lothar Becker, Olivier Hallot, Sophie Gautier, Eliane Domingos de Sousa, Leif Lyngby Lodahl, Stefano Paggetti. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03231.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140219-07
2014-02-19
Approval of the 2014 budget: Current recurring costs - € 100,444.10; Additional recurring costs - € 121,650.00; Individual items - 99.140 € https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03231.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140219-06
2014-02-19
Grant Collabora a standard trademark license for 'LibreOffice from Collabora', non-exclusive, non-transferable, time-limited until the end of 2014, to be used on naming, advert and services. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03231.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140219-05
2014-02-19
Thorsten and Björn should sign the contract and warrant on behalf of TDF https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03231.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140219-04
2014-02-19
Hire Florian Effenberger as Executive Director ("Geschäftsführer"), beginning on March 1st https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03231.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140219-03
2014-02-19
The Board of Directors of The Document Foundation entitles Italo Vignoli to continue the volunteer PR/media relations activity he has managed during the last 2 years - back then as a member of the Board of Directors - and to act as a spokesperson with the media and at conferences, until further notice. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03229.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140219-02
2014-02-19
elect Eliane Domingos de Sousa as Deputy Chairman https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03229.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140219-01
2014-02-19
elect Thorsten Behrens as Chairman https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03229.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140122-01
2014-01-22
Approval of budget items:

Operations/Legal - Legal fees - € 15,000.00
Conference - Conference budget - € 8,000.00
Operations - Higher fees for the head association of foundations - € 850.00
Operations - Administrative assistant - € 12,000.00
Infrastructure - Part-time infrastructure administrator - € 25,000.00
Operations - Top-up time for executive director role - € 20,000.00
Operations - Prolongue release engineer's contract after June - € 44,000.00

https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03210.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20140117-01
2014-01-17
Switch Florian's prepaid credit card to a postpaid card (internal discussion) 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20131218-01
2013-12-18
After carefully reviewing the received applications, accept Sophie Gautier's freelancing proposal as administrative assistant. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03181.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20131211-01
2013-12-11
Approval of budget items:

Legal fees provisioning € 15,000.00
CeBIT booth € 7,000.00
Higher membership fees for head association of foundations due to higher spending € 850.00
Administrative assistant role € 12,000.00
Renewing Sophie's contract for one month € 3,400.00
AskBot contract for maintenance and support € 2,540.00
TDF brochure, bilingual, for CeBIT and other events, including printing € 2,000.00
Own bugzilla provisioning € 3,000.00

https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03179.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20131016-03
2013-10-16
Accept Charles Schulz' proposal for the website redesign, for a total price of 20.000 €, including all taxes and fees, on a freelance basis. Included in the total sum is the contracting of a designer to handle the graphics part, on a freelance basis as well. The selection and coordination of this designer is Charles Schulz' duty, while TDF will handle the contract, and also support Charles with posting a freelance job opening for this specific task. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03145.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20131016-02
2013-10-16
Accept Italo Vignoli's proposal from October 15th, with a total value of 20.000 € EUR, including all taxes and other fees, on a freelance basis. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03145.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20131016-01
2013-10-16
grant Cor Nouws a trademark license for the LibreOffice mark, as requested here: https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03096.html. The license will be valid until 2014-12-31. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03145.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130924-01
2013-09-24
Accept Sophie Gautier's proposal to work on l10n and release process documentation, QA support, and communication process bootstrapping for 3 months, until the end of 2013, with a total value of 10.200 € EUR, including all taxes and other fees, on a freelance basis. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03146.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130917-01
2013-09-17
Grant CloudOn an Advisory Board seat https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03093.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130910-01
2013-09-10
Grant Studio Storti an Advisory Board seat https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03094.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130830-01
2013-08-30
Grant Collabora an Advisory Board seat https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03081.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130829-01
2013-08-29
4.000 € for having Marcos Souza and José Guilherme Vanz at Freiburg Hackfest https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03078.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130807-01
2013-08-07
Extending Christian Lohmaier's work contract https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03079.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130807-01
2013-08-07
Prolonging Florian Effenberger's work contract https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03079.html 5 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130803-01
2013-08-03
Relocate TDF's seat to Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03068.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130717-01
2013-07-17
Set up an extended budget with a total amount of 100.250 €, lasting until the end of the year 2014, enhancing the already approved budget https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03066.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130615-01
2013-06-15
hiring Christian Lohmaier, for a limited period of one year, part-time with 20 hours per week, specifically for web development, at costs not exceeding 25.000 € per year; authorize Thorsten Behrens and Florian Effenberger to sign the work contract on behalf of TDF https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03058.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130605-01
2013-06-05
MIMO gets a free Advisory Board seat https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03059.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130528-03
2013-05-28
grant Advisory Board seat to AMD internal vote 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130528-02
2013-05-28
grant Advisory Board seat to KACST internal vote 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130528-01
2013-05-28
donating USD 500 from our SPI funds to the SFC fundraiser https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03029.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130417-01
2013-04-17
Approve annual report and annual financial report, authorize Florian and Thorsten to sign letter of representation towards tax advise, and order tax advise to hand in report to tax office. Also authorize Florian and Thorsten to send in annual report to foundation authorities on behalf of the board. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03020.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130402-01
2013-04-02
The TDF BoD calls will take place every 2nd Wednesday at 1500 UTC, starting on April 3rd, 2013, and are scheduled to run for one hour. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02980.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130306-01
2013-03-06
Approve current TDF 2013 budget proposal https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=File:Tdfbudget2013.pdf&oldid=64622, allocating a total of EUR 108,564.50 (EUR 126,430.00 year-over-year) to be spent on the listed items, with an annual reserve of EUR 15k, and currently-available funds of EUR 123.494,92. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02922.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130304-01
2013-03-04
€ 1.000 travel bursaries for Dresden Impress Sprint https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02906.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130220-02
2013-02-20
300 Euro travel budget for Mirek to attend the LGM 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130220-01
2013-02-20
approve two license policies, one for the trademark and the second for the domain name 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130218-01
2013-02-18
budget of 2.500 € in total for Italo's trips to POSSCON, LibrePlanet and FOSSC Oman, thereby revoking decision # 20121220-01 https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02875.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130214-01
2013-02-14
657,60 € for business cards https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02861.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130131-01
2013-01-31
Approve an additional 600 € for FOSDEM collaterals https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02819.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130129-01
2013-01-29
spending additional € 600.00 on employment-associated costs, totalling € 37.907,40 for 2013 https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02814.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130123-03
2013-01-23
spending USD 25.00 for a Google Play account to be used by TDF for the Impress Remote feature available in release 4.0 of LibreOffice https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02785.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130123-02
2013-01-23
Joining Silicon Sentier for 179 € per year https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02768.html 2 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals; rules of procedure § 5 I
20130123-01
2013-01-23
$350.92 for Jean Weber attending SCALE https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02769.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130109-02
2013-01-09
CeBIT: up to € 8k budget including travel and lodging from SPI, and booth from Berlin. Authorize Florian to sign booth contract. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02767.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20130109-01
2013-01-09
FOSDEM: € 5k travel budget via SPI, € 2k from Berlin for collaterals. Collaterals should bear no specific FOSDEM markers, to facilitate reuse https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02767.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121228-01
2012-12-28
Sign contract with payroll service provider, expected cost ~16 € / month https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02754.html 5 approvals, 2 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121221-01
2012-12-21
904,81 € for Italo's travel, car rental and hotel to OSS 2012 in Hammamet (Tunisia), Jesien Linuksowa in Kielce (Poland) and LinuxCon Europe in Barcelona https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02718.html 4 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121220-01
2012-12-20
budget of 2,000 € for Italo Vignoli's trip to POSSCON and LibrePlanet https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02717.html 4 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121218-01
2012-12-18
approve 523,60 € lawyer fees for drafting a work contract https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02709.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121215-01
2012-12-15
Authorize Thorsten Behrens and Florian Effenberger to accept the HypovereinsBank/Unicredit offer of 3 years investment with 2% p.a. on behalf of TDF, should it be economically better than yesterday's vote; alternatively falling back to yesterday's vote; Approve that this offer fits the ethical criteria as outlined in the statutes https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02699.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121212-01
2012-12-12
Invest the capital stock of 50.000 Euros in the account at Volksbank, at the variable interest rate of 1% https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02737.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121128-04
2012-11-28
budget for infrastructure by December 1st: 900 Euros per month + one time fee (400 Euros) ; then (new)650 Euros per month in the new infrastructure; the two systems and cost structure would run concurrently until the end of the first quarter 2013 https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02675.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121128-03
2012-11-28
2000 USD of reimbursal for the participants to the GSoC mentor summit, preferably from SPI https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02675.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121128-02
2012-11-28
giving general power of attorney to Berlin-based lawyer Mike Schinagl https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02704.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121128-01
2012-11-28
budget of € 263.90 for booth and travel on Berlin Foundation Day https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02672.html 4 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121114-06
2012-11-14
Include Lanedo in the TDF advisory board https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02656.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121114-05
2012-11-14
Beyond the 50% rebate for companies directly funding LibreOffice developers, have another cumulative 50% rebate for companies with less than 50 employees in total (10k USD small company standard rate, 5k USD for small companies funding developers) https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02655.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121114-04
2012-11-14
formalize membership on private lists (for details see the minutes) https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02655.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121114-03
2012-11-14
add the following new members to the ESC - Joel Madero, Mirek Mazel, and Ahmad Hussein Al-Harthi. Replace Mitch with Eilidh McAdam https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02655.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121114-02
2012-11-14
Approve additional 5k EUR for LibreOffice conference travel reimbursals. Authorize Florian and Thorsten to double-check requests and trigger payments. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02655.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121114-01
2012-11-14
for the upcoming Munich hackfest, allocate an overall budget of EUR 3k for travel bursaries and snacks during the meeting https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02655.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121029-01
2012-10-29
budget of 3500 € for LibOCon 2012 video / streaming service https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02629.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121016-01
2012-10-16
Authorize Thorsten Behrens to hire Florian Effenberger as a part-time employee of TDF for non-board related tasks (e.g. infrastructure work), for up to a year, and at a cost not exceeding EUR 37k per annum. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02646.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121016-02
2012-10-16
Approve prior meeting minutes of the current board in-person, as well as prior board decisions (phone meeting and mailing list ones) https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02646.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121007-01
2012-10-07
budget of 350 € for the Munich admin meeting https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02591.html 4 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20121002-01
2012-10-02
budget of 1.000 €, payable from SPI funds, for the Essen QA weekend https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02583.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120927-01
2012-09-27
Approve the rules of procedure for the TDF board, as posted to board-discuss:

http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/msg02783.html

https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02568.html 4 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120920-01
2012-09-20
Have a budget of 1.600 € for Jean Weber's travel to LibOCon https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02553.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120912-01
2012-09-12
Have a budget of 550 € for Andreas Mantke attending German Python Conference https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02534.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120816-01
2012-08-16
The new membership committee shall consist of a total of seven (7) members, five (5) seat holders plus two (2) deputies. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02487.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120808-01
2012-08-08
Approve an initial Eur 5k budget for conference travel and associated costs, booking of hotel / appartments etc. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02496.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120808-02
2012-08-08
Approve up to 500 EUR in travel costs, for having Andreas Mantke and Mike S. attend the special congress of the German Foundation Association about foundation management in Hildesheim, at Sept. 13th 2012 https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02496.html 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120711-01
2012-07-11
Join Transparency International https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02468.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120704-01
2012-07-04
Sign the declaration of internet freedom https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02434.html 5 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120702-01
2012-07-02
fund up to 420 € for Florian's trip to LinuxTag
fund up to 340 € for Italo's trip to LinuxTag
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02421.html 5 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120627-02
2012-06-27
Pre-approved budget of 300 € per quarter for administrative tasks,
Thorsten and Florian as authorizers
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02435.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120627-01
2012-06-27
Pre-approved budget of 2.500 € per quarter for infrastructure,
Thorsten and Florian as authorizers
https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02435.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120626-01
2012-06-26
200 € funding for project's weekend https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02412.html 4 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120625-01
2012-06-25
74 € funding for Florian Effenberger's trip to the project's weekend https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02407.html 4 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120618-01
2012-06-18
500 USD funding for Simon Phipps' trip to OSCON https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02384.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120613-05
2012-06-13
Fund up to 2.000 USD for Jean Weber's trip to OSCON https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02425.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120613-04
2012-06-13
Spend up to 5.000 € for bugzilla optimization https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02425.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120613-03
2012-06-13
Spend up to 500 € for Mike Schinagl attending the German Foundations Association meeting https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02425.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120613-02
2012-06-13
Become member of OASIS for 1100 USD per year https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02425.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120613-01
2012-06-13
Put the capital stock in a savings account https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02425.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120530-01
2012-05-30
1.000 € funding for admin weekend, excluding travel fees https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02325.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120516-02
2012-05-16
Approve TDF travel policy as mailed to the board discuss list on May 16th, 2012 https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02388.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120516-01
2012-05-16
Authorize Thorsten and Florian to sign the D&O insurance, cap the annual fee at EUR 1,900 per year, excluding taxes https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02388.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120502-02
2012-05-02
Approval of Simon's propsal for collateral scheme https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02386.html 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120502-01
2012-05-02
Approve the certification program as outlined in the wiki https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02386.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120418-03
2012-04-18
Spend 160 € for the Apple Developer Program https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02423.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120418-02
2012-04-18
Join the OSI https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02423.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120418-01
2012-04-18
Spend 30 € on digital certificates https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02423.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120404-03
2012-04-04
200 USD funding for a table/booth at the US South East Linux fest via SPI budget https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02262.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120404-02
2012-04-04
TDF to join the OSI https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02262.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120404-01
2012-04-04
Next to taking over the DomainDiscount24 contract, sign a contract with RRPproxy https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02262.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120326-01
2012-03-26
The Board of Directors will meet every two weeks on Wednesday via phone, beginning April 4th, at 1500 UTC. The agenda will be available at the appropriate wiki page. All members of the Board of Directors and everyone interested is invited to join the calls. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02223.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120321-03
2012-03-21
Try to get sponsoring, otherwise buy additional IP addresses. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02261.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120321-02
2012-03-21
Try to get sponsoring, otherwise buy an additional server. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02261.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120321-01
2012-03-21
Replacement of two servers (one will then be cheaper and one will then be more expensive compared to now) https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02261.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120314-02
2012-03-14
Florian to create StartSSL account for TDF https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02195.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120314-01
2012-03-14
Florian to create PayPal account for TDF https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02194.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120313-01
2012-03-13
Giving bank warrant to Thorsten Behrens, Andreas Mantke, Björn Michaelsen, Florian Effenberger discussion on the internal mailing list 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120307-06
2012-03-07
1000 Euro travel bursary for the Hamburg HackFest participants. It has to be checked if this reimbursement is compatible with the German tax law, payments will only occur if so https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02229.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120307-05
2012-03-07
Add Lionel Elie Mamane (independent), Marcus Mohrhardt (independent) and Stephan Bergman (RedHat) to the ESC https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02229.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120307-04
2012-03-07
Add Intel Corporation to the Advisory Board https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02229.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120307-03
2012-03-07
Become a CAcert Validated Organization, with the relationship managed by Florian and Thorsten and the certificates issued by Florian https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02229.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120307-02
2012-03-07
Switching DomainDiscount24 contract from FrODeV to TDF for domain hosting https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02229.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120307-01
2012-03-07
Switching Hetzner contract from FrODeV to TDF for server hosting https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02229.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120222-07
2012-02-22
TDF will host the infrastructure of the German nonprofit Freies Office Deutschland e.V. free of charge. Domain names have to be paid directly by the nonprofit. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02196.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120222-06
2012-02-22
The Engeneering Steering Committee will be created with the following members: Andras Timar (localization), Michael Meeks and Petr Mladek of Novell, Caolan McNamara and David Tardon of RedHat, Björn Michaelsen of Canonical, Michael Natterer of Lanedo, Rene Engelhard of Debian, the independent contributors Norbert Thiebaud and Rainer Bielefeld (QA). https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02196.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120222-05
2012-02-22
The Advisory Board will be created with the following members: Google, SUSE, Red Hat, Freies Office Deutschland e.V., Software in the Public Interest and the Free Software Foundation. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02196.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120222-04
2012-02-22
The Document Foundation will order a phone and fax line from sipgate, with a price of 20 EUR per month. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02196.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120222-03
2012-02-22
The Document Foundation will become a member of the German head association of foundations ("Bundesverband deutscher Stiftungen"). Costs are 150 EUR per year. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02196.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120222-02
2012-02-22
Michael Schinagl will serve as TDF's official representative for the trademark office https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02196.html 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)
20120222-01
2012-02-22
The Board of Directors will meet every two weeks on Wednesday via phone, beginning February 22nd, at 1600 UTC. The agenda will be available at the appropriate wiki page. All members of the Board of Directors and everyone interested is invited to join the calls. https://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02196.html 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals (quorum)

Decisions before Foundation incorporation

ser. no. Date of decision full text of proposal further information voting result Comments
12
2012-01-16

Approval of buying a server from a dedicated donation.

Voting Thread at board-discuss list 6 out of 7 board members voting yes (making a quorum).
11
2011-12-05

Election of

  • Florian Effenberger as chairman of the board

and

  • Thorsten Behrens as his deputy.
Voting Thread at board-discuss list 6 out of 7 board members voting (making a quorum).

Each of the nominees got 5 votes (as Florian and Thorsten abstained to vote on their own seat).
(we also had two positive deputy votes, not counted)

10
2011-11-09

Request the board to vote to approve on: Members: (5)

  • Andre Schnabel
  • Fridrich Strba
  • Norbert Thiebaud
  • Simon Phipps
  • Sophie Gautier

Deputies: (2)

  • Cor Nouws
  • Drew Jensen

For approval as our initial Membership Committee.

Voting Thread at board-discuss list approved with votes of 7 directors (plus one not counted, positive deputy vote)
9
2011-10-19

A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and fulfills the following prerequisites

  • has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at the same time
  • is an non-profit organisation
  • has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping LibreOffice

can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of application.

Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.

Voting Thread at steering-discuss list approved with votes of 6 voting members (plus one not counted, positive deputy vote)

Note that this applies *only* to translated pages, i.e.

http://it.libreoffice.org/download/,
http://de.libreoffice.org/download/

etc. The generic english pages will not be affected by this proposal.

8
2011-08-22
Screenshots for documentation, website and marketing should preferably be taken on GNU/Linux, but may also be taken on any other operating system.

The Steering Committee recommends a consistent visual appearance (e.g. theming and branding) for the screenshots taken on the selected operating system. It is up to the LibreOffice community how to achieve that consistency.
Voting Thread at steering-discuss list approved with votes of 8 voting members
7
2011-08-17
Spend 3.000 € for contracting a lawyer to assist in the legal set-up of the Foundation.
Voting Thread at steering-discuss list
approved with votes of 7 voting members (plus two not counted, positive deputy votes)

6 2011-07-20 Please approve Simon Phipps as election secretary
  • To ease the work of the current MC and help with the BoD elections (help with communication, organization and overseeing the election process), we would like to name Simon Phipps as election secretary for our next BoD elections. MC will still be responsible to prepare and oversee the elections, but Simon will do most of the communication on the topic.
Voting Thread at steering-discuss list approved with votes of 7 voting members (including one deputy vote) decision is taken for the elections to the first TDF BoD (Summer 2011)
5 2011-07-20

Changes in the Membership Committe

  1. approve all current deputies of the MC as full MC members. (so the MC will have 5 members in total - Sophie Gautier, Fridrich Strba, André Schnabel, Thorsten Behrens, Cor Nouws )
  2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a needed quorum of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).
Voting thread at steering-discuss list approved with votes of 7 voting members (including one deputy vote)


4 2011-07-09 The BoD will have 7 members. The BoD will have additional 3 deputy members who will replace a leaving BoD member. All 10 members will be elected at the same time for one year. Those with highest number of votes will become BoD members, others will become deputies Meeting minutes approved with consensus of 7 voting members the decision had to be taken as community bylaws were in conflict with the draft of legal statutes (see meeting minutes)
3 2011-07-09 The Chair Person will not be mentioned in the statutes and will be removed from the Bylaws. Instead we will have a Chair Person of the MC who takes the role of the CH. Meeting minutes approved with consensus of 7 voting members the decision had to be taken as community bylaws were in conflict with the draft of legal statutes (see meeting minutes)
2 2011-07-09 each formal decision of the SC (and in future BoD) should be recorded at a dedicated wiki-page. Meeting minutes approved with consensus of 7 voting members you are actually reading the suggested page


1 2011-07-09 approve BOD elections schedule Meeting minutes approved with consensus of 7 voting members

Other decisions

ser. no. Date of decision full text of proposal further information voting result Comments
1
2010-12-27

The Document Foundation agrees on joining the OpenDoc Society as an organizational member. According to [1], without costs for not-for-profit organizations

Official joint press release Approved by unanimous consent.