Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (1) Summary. Suggest replacing with the following – “Calculates the price per 100 currency units of face (par) value of a security that pays interest once, at maturity”.
- (2) Returns. Maybe mention that the result is in currency units.
- (3) Arguments, general. Update descriptions for Settlement, Maturity and Basis to match the corresponding arguments for PRICE(). Note that the descriptions for Rate and Yield should NOT be changed to match PRICE().
- (4) Arguments, Issue. Change to “Issue is a date or a reference to a cell containing that date which is the original issue date of the security”.
- (5) Arguments, Rate. Suggest change “coupon interest rate” to “interest only paid at maturity”. Presumably expressed as either a percentage or a decimal fraction.
- (6) Arguments, 2nd bullet. Change to “If any of Issue, Maturity or Settlement is not a valid date then the function returns a value (#VALUE!) error”.
- (7) Arguments, 3rd bullet. Insert “the” before “Settlement”. Settlement = Maturity should also give an error.
- (8) Arguments, 4th bullet. Delete “or equal to”.
- (9) Arguments, 5th bullet. Suggest the following re-word for better grammar – “If Basis is a non-integer value, then the function uses its floor value, i.e. it is truncated to an integer value.”.
- (10) Arguments, 6th bullet. I would remove the text in brackets as it does not really add anything.
- (11) Additional details. Include the following high-level formula “PRICEMAT = Present value of Redemption Value and Interest – Accrued Interest”. Include a note that here present value is calculated on a non-compounding basis.
- (12) Related LibreOffice functions. Has a link to PRICE been omitted intentionally?