From The Document Foundation Wiki
Some practical advice, based on experience, which we recommend that you follow is:
- Never make changes to your copy of master - create a branch instead.
- Keep a separate branch for each bug, and do not delete the branch until the bug-fix is merged.
- follow the Code Style (such as variable naming schemes, etc.).
- If you create new files, please use our License Header.
- Please avoid larger reformatting of the code for the time being (except for the tasks listed below) - we're pondering auto/magic ways to do that mid- to long-term.