From The Document Foundation Wiki
- Make a final pass to check page breaks and make any necessary changes. (Use the keep-with-next attribute, not manual page breaks, and/or change the sequence of text and figures.)
- Verify that the first item in the first numbered list in the chapter is explicitly set to start at 1 (this is to make sure the chapter works properly when it is included in a compiled book). To do this, right-click on the first list paragraph and choose Bullets and Numbering > Restart numbering.
- Update the Table of Contents. Make sure there is no (alphabetic) index at the end of the chapter.
- On the copyright page:
- Make sure the date and the software version are correct.
- Verify that the correct email address for feedback, and the correct URL for documentation (in the footer), are shown.
- Make sure the list of contributors is correct, and that any empty rows are removed from the table.
- Save the ODT file with the correct file name, using the naming convention for published chapters (see below).
- Export the file to PDF, using these settings:
- On the General tab, select JPEG compression and Export bookmarks.
- On the Initial View tab, select Page only, Default magnification, and Default page layout.
- On the User Interface tab, select Display document title (under Window Options) and All bookmark levels. Leave all the other options unselected.
- On the Links tab, select Default mode under Cross-document Links and leave other options unselected.
- n the Security tab, make sure that NO passwords are set.
- Upload the ODT file to the Published folder for the relevant book on TDF NextCloud. (See details in Chapter 3, Using the Documentation Team Website.)
- Tell the Documentation list that you have published the chapter.