From The Document Foundation Wiki
- Synchronization is a slow process because it depends on the internet.
- As data go back and forth in the internet, the whole process may take seconds or even minutes.
- Synchronization is triggered each time the file in your local hard drive is changed; in other words, the file is synchronized each time you save it.
- Wait some seconds to ensure the synch process has finished before shutting down or suspending your computer.
- The software has visual indicator (icon) in the computer system tray. Watch synchronization actions there.
- Although the software is robust and can recover most of the unfinished synchronization (including network outages), better not challenge it.