From The Document Foundation Wiki
- The page begins with a table. In this case, the page number attribute is not linked to the "first" paragraph of the table (the one in the first cell) but to the table itself: under
- The page begins with an index
- It can be a Table of contents, an Alphabetical index, etc. These indexes are inserted by the software in protected sections, that means in read-only mode.
- The solution consists in “unprotecting” the index while setting the first paragraph (usually the index title) as seen above: right-click on the index to display the contextual menu, chose ▸ , uncheck Protected against manual changes.
- Do not forget to re-protect the index after modifying the page number!
- The numbering setting will be preserved when updating the index