Triaging is the process of confirming and prioritizing bugs. It is a great opportunity for non-developers to help improve the application. Well prepared bug reports help developers concentrate on fixing problems in a reasonable order. This page summarizes the process in in few easy steps. If you are in doubts, just follow the links for more details.
Triaging in short
- Take any UNCONFIRMED bug from the list.
- Check if it is reproducible.
- Leave a comment about your findings or about what was unclear. Please, always mention your LO version and OS.
- Set the status NEW if reproduced, or set NEEDINFO if you asked the reporter for a particular information.
- Escalate critical bugs by putting developers into CC or prioritize according to the flowchart.
If you are in doubt, do not hesitate to ask on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
Even Better Triaging
If you do the above steps, you already help a lot. But you could do even more by:
- searching for duplicates
- setting whiteboard flags, severity, priority
- providing more information, e.g. test documents, screenshots, easier steps, backtraces
See the detailed bug triage instructions for more details. Any help is highly appreciated.