User:RBd/LibO Extensions Repository
Let's create a LibreOffice Extensions Repository! Currently access to the OOo repository is very unreliable, frequently you only get a message like "502 Bad Gateway" instead of the required Extension. And nobody knows how things will go on when the OOo project will have become part of the Apache Project.
TSC on 2011-06-02 showed that it is common sense to create an own solution similar to the current OOo Extensions repository, but that can't be done within few days. So it might be useful to create some "Backup" of all available Extensions from where they can be transferred to a new LibreOffice Extensions Service.
On this page (that might be shifted to a more prominent and less private place?) as a first step we should
- Collect information concerning existing plans, activities and projects concerning a LibreOffice Extensions Service
- Collect information concerning existing plans, activities and projects concerning a Backup of the OOo Extensions
- Collect all ideas how to do that
- Coordinate activities
- Decide what kinds of extensions should be included
- Additional LibreOffice functions
- Useful Basic programs and Basic code snippets?
- Something Else?
Currently information concerning Extension handling is very rare, so please help to get an overview concerning all activities!
- 1 Existing projects or activities
- 2 Volunteers for all related activities
Existing projects or activities
Andreas Mantke created with the support of a Plone developer a new website for LibreOffice extensions. This site uses the default layout of Plone and needs to be customized. We need a layout proposal for this new site, that incorporate our colors and a good design. The Logo should not only cover extensions but also templates, because we can host extensions and templates in the same Plone-Instance. The new Plone environment is currently on my local PC. I need some resources on the TDF-Server and will setup a the new site with a fresh buildout. I need then volunteers for testing.
Website Project Test Results
- 2011-06-17: I can't find out how to create a user account. -- Rainer Bielefeld 2011-06-17T07:47:40 (CEST)
Website Project Diary
- 2011-06-17: Plone Extensions and Templates repository has been installed on the LibreOffice server, test phase will start soon. Please wait for news here! -- Rainer Bielefeld 2011-06-17T07:47:40 (CEST)
Missing resources / Unsolved problems
Please note problems, missing volunteers, ...
- 2011-06-17: Project currently is rather "private". We should shift this contents to Talk:Extensions-website -- Rainer Bielefeld 2011-06-17T08:08:27 (CEST)
- 2011-06-15: Currently there is no systematic research what Extensions from OOo will also work with LibreOffice and what ones will not. A listing with known problems you can find here. -- Rainer Bielefeld 2011-06-15T07:30:58 (CEST)
- 2011-06-08: The Extensions Website Project currently is a rather private project without any public interest or prominence. With Andreas' approval it should become officially listed in the Wiki as a LibreOffice project -- RBd 2011-06-08T15:40:00 (CEST)
- 2011-06-08: layout proposal
2011-06-08: A decision what contents should be collected still is missing -- RBd 2011-06-08T15:40:00 (CEST)
- Website Testing
- QA: Extensions testing (it seems that not all OOo Extensions will work with LibreOffice)
- Contact to Extension Authors
- Extensions Transfer?
- Legal survey: Illegal contents on Web site? License problems?
Dismissed solutions for a new Libreoffice Extensions WEB site
We have a progressed Plone solution (please see above!), so these ideas will not be followed up.
- Drupal (Suggestion of Andreas Timar)
- Zamboni (Suggestion of Andreas Timar)
- Rainer Bielefeld can only spend very few time here, but will try to help where necessary.
- Andreas Mantke. (pls see above!)
Please feel free to add your ideas or to discuss them on the discussion page!