The LibreOffice Hamburg HackFest 2012 will take place on the weekend of April 14./15. 2012 in the Attraktor in Hamburg
About the location
The city of Hamburg has throughout history taken its freedom and independance as a high treasure -- as can be seen from the motto: "Libertatem quam peperere maiores digne studeat servare posteritas". It is also the closest major city to the birthplace of the codebase that later became LibreOffice. We will meet at the Attraktor, one of the homebases of the Chaos Computer Club, which has an interesting history starting with tales of international spionage during the cold war and much more (see Wikipedia). They have become older, wiser and tamer at least a bit since then, but still originate cool projects like Project Blinkenlights. Hamburg is rumored to have one of the worst climates of Germany (constant low-intensity rain), but luckily springtime is an exception: It is a most wonderful place then -- with sunshine, but not too hot.
If there is a pet bug/feature you are interested to solve/create on the Hackfest add it here and we will try to find a mentor giving you guidance. Also if there is a general topic you want to cover/have a short talk about, add it here.
|https://gerrit.documentfoundation.org||...||Bjoern Michaelsen (Sweetshark)|
|All things gbuild||...||Bjoern Michaelsen (Sweetshark)|
|All things Impress||Andreas Mantke||Thorsten Behrens (thorsten)|
|Unit tests||...||Thorsten Behrens (thorsten)|
|Help System||Italo Vignoli||...|
|cloud sync||...||Michiel de Jong|
|An introduction to aw080
or learning the 3D-engine in Draw.
or learning import/export of xslx
|iOS and Android port||...||Tor Lillqvist|
|Calc, i18n, Telepathy collaboration||...||Eike Rathke (erAck)|
|Calc, Unit tests, Chart2||...||Markus Mohrhard (moggi)|
|PDF Export Enhancement||Andreas Mantke||...|
|Why does QA grow that slow?||...||Friedrich Strohmaier|
|about:config and UI papercuts and conditional formatting in calc||...||Astron|
|your topic here||...||you|
- Friday 16:00 Early birds might join Sweetshark for some sightseeing. Meeting point will be in front of the Nike Store at the beginning of the Spitalerstrasse:
- Bjoern Michaelsen
- Rob Snelders
- Regina Henschel
- Eilidh McAdam
- <add your name here>
- Friday night - beer and warm-up, starting 19:00 in the Schachcafé, see below under transport
- Saturday 10:00 - welcome session, teaming up. Hacking until the small hours.
- Sunday 11:00 - wrap-up, review, document, commit
How to get there
Location at OpenStreetMap: 
- from Hamburg airport:
- take the light railroad S1 from the airport underground station (marked with a big green circle carrying a white S inside)
- exit at Rübenkamp (City Nord), that's 2 stations from the airport
- from Hamburg central station:
- take the light railroad S1 or S11, direction Ohlsdorf or direction Airport/Poppenbüttel (the green line)
- exit at Rübenkamp (City Nord), that's 8 stations from central station
- for both cases, continue like this:
- from the platform at Rübenkamp, take the exit City Nord, Fachhochschule, Hebebrandstraße upstairs (that's the northern direction)
- find the restaurant Schachcafé where we meet for the beer event on Friday evening, located directly at that exit
- for getting to the Attraktor location, either:
- take the bus number 26, that stops at the main road, direction S Hamburg Airport or U Alsterdorf and get off at the second stop, Dakarweg, then take the stairs to the right before the bridge, or
- walk about 1200m, western direction, along the main road Hebebrandstraße, Überseering, take the stairs to the right before the bridge
- then on the upper level walk straight into Attraktor e.V..
Note: Be advised that the Attraktor is on the upper level of this building - you will have to take the stairs up to actually see it.
If you plan to stay all three days, it pays off to grab a 3-day ticket (3-Tage-Karte). When staying less than 3 days, if you plan more than 2 rides a day, buy a 9 o'clock day pass (9-Uhr-Tageskarte) after 9:00 for the Greater Hamburg Area (Großbereich). Note that with single tickets (Einzelkarte), round or return trips are not permitted.
Subway and light railroad runs every 20 minutes the entire night during weekends.
See the Hamburg public transport pages for details.
There's limited parking place available on the ground level in front of the Attraktor building, the street address to punch into your car navigation system is Mexikoring 21, 22297 Hamburg. Be advised that Hamburg authorities are rather strict in towing away cars not properly parked, they're especially quick if fire exits or access roads are blocked.
For finding the Attraktor building, which is located on the upper level, see transport
We would like to thank our following sponsors and supporters for making the Hamburg Hackfest possible:
- Attraktor e.V., for providing the venue, equipment and connectivity
- Hamburg-based LibreOffice hackers, for offering couch surfing
- The Document Foundation, for providing travel sponsoring
- Lanedo, for sponsoring the drinks Friday night
Interested in sponsoring the event with money or supplies? Contact the organizers!
Hamburg has a wide choice of hotels in every price range, including youth hostels. Quite affordable is e.g. the iBis-Hotel close to main station.
Local LibreOffice hackers will also provide (limited) couch surfing capabilities, which will be handed out on a first-come-first-served basis. Please contact the organizers if you're interested - both for offering and requesting couch surfing.
The Document Foundation will refund tickets to and from the Hamburg Hackfest, after prior approval by the organizers, under the following conditions:
- transportation-only, please sign-up for coach surfing if you need free accomodation
- volunteer-first - people affiliated with a company involved in LibreOffice work will come last
- first-come-first-served - participants will get reimbursed in order of their sign-up on the wiki attendance list, until budget runs out.
- ask the organizers as soon as possible (ideally right before booking) if budget is still available. Be aware of the fact that tax law requires us to collect original receipts, so please keep them (or hand them in right there in Hamburg)
Please be economic and pick cheap travel - that said, flights to Hamburg might still be available at a reasonable price.
Please add your name and e-mail address to the below list in case you want to participate. We will use this list for planning, logistics and announcements.
Nerdshirt.de kindly sponsors us ten T-shirts for the participants. We just decided to give those to the first ten people, who added themselves to the participant list completely with their name and shirtsize. First come, first serve here as is with travel bursaries and couch surfing, which is kindly provided by some of the Hamburg Hackers. Shirts are ordered now, so no need to add your shirt size anymore.
0. Hackfest e-mail alias use this to reach the organizers
- Rathke, Eike Organizer, coder; T-shirt size L (7th, does that count? ;-)
- Behrens, Thorsten Organizer, coder
- Effenberger, Florian Non-coder, talkative marketeer, infrastructure hacker, open source cook ;-) looking for couchsurfing
- Mohrhard, Markus coder looking for couchsurfing T-shirt size L
- Bielefeld, Rainer QA, Non-coder, Interested in learning more about coding process, found couchsurfing
- Timar, Andras pseudo-coder looking for couchsurfing T-shirt size L
- Miklos Vajna RTF guy, T-shirt size L (6th)
- Bjoern Michaelsen picking-up-leftover-bits organizer, coder
- Italo Vignoli Marketing, Technology Illiterate, LO Help & Pasta Hacker, looking for couchsurfing, T-Shirt Size XL (1st)
- Stefan Knorr ~design guy, looking for couchsurfing
- Henschel, Regina this and that e.g. QA, hobby coder, looking for couchsurfing
- Armin Le Grand coder, can answer DrawingLayer questions
- Mike Schinagl interested user, T-shirt size L (8th, prefer the LibO logo)
- Rob Snelders QA, hobby coder, looking for couchsurfing, T-shirt size XXL
- Benjamin Otte GNOME / GTK+ coder
- Michael Meeks Random dogsbody, couch-server extraordinaire and amateur baloonist.
- Christina Rossmanith coder, interested in cooking as well, T-shirt size S (5th)
- Albrecht Lohoefener interested user
- Michiel de Jong coder
- Eilidh McAdam coder, T-shirt size S
- Einsle, Robert Coder, infrastructure hacker, T-Shirt size XXL looking for Hotel / couchsurfing
- Tor Lillqvist coder, grumpy old man
- Jan Holesovsky hacker, looking for a couch / 2 m^2 anywhere
- Andreas Mantke hobby coder, T-shirt size L, infrastructure hacker looking for couchsurfing
- Friedrich Strohmaier infrastructure, LibreOffice-Box - DVD Image project, exprovider for small office Open Source desktop equipment, non coder
- Bubli retired coder
After Action Reports