Design/Meetings/2016-05-13

From The Document Foundation Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Link

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Minutes-of-the-Design-Hangout-2016-May-13-tc4184001.html

Minutes

May 20, 2016; 4:19am Heiko Tietze-2
Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2016-May-13

* Present: Heiko, Samuel, Akshay, Stuart, Yousuf
     
* GSoC
   * GSoC welcome blog post
     + https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2016/05/09/welcome-gsoc-students/
     + published May/09
     
   * Template Manager "Save Mode" (Akshay)
     + Current "Save Mode" is confusing
     + Improvement suggestion in tdf#95402 (Jay)
     + Agree to create a new, simple save dialog with folder selection (list
box) and name input field
     
   * Area Fill progress (Rishabh)
       + Hatching controls moved from Area to hatch tab (May/13)
       + By weekend, gradient controls will follow
       * How to create pattern to add for tdf#94547? (Rishabh)
       
* Gallery: Integration of additional symbol sets
   * How to do in general,
      + Just create files for new themes and share on wiki (Samuel, Jay)
         + Proposal to discuss next week (Heiko)
      + Implement new layout first? Or just the search, which makes good
labelling of symbols necessary
         + https://user-prompt.com/de/libreoffice-design-session-shapes/
         + At least search for tags (Heiko): Not that easy (Samuel, Akki),
perhaps next years GSoC
         + Adding more stuff to the cluttered gallery makes no sense (Heiko)
      + Is it possible to add glue points to gallery shapes?
         + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94433
      + Update the existing shapes? (Yes: Samuel, Jay)
         + Bullets and scale not well
         + Clean up "Computers" and merge with "Environment", "School & Uni",
"Symbols", "Transportation", "Finance"
            + Issues happend from cleaning in the past (Stuart)
         + Merge "Diagrams" and "Text Shapes"
         + Remove "Homepage" (because of the ugly icons and the category)
            + Cannot do easily because the homepage wizard uses it (Samuel)
            + Having a new category legacy is also not possible because
categories are folders and relevant (Samuel)
         + Remove "Sounds" (not a *visual* gallery, and the differences
between items is unclear)
            + Keep it for Impress (Jay, Stuart)
         -> Arrows, Backgrounds, Symbols (?), Diagrams, People
         + Add Network (see below)
         + Add Icons (todo; something like Balsamiq has)
         + Add...
   * ... and network diagrams in particular
      + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=80958
      + http://www.vrt.com.au/downloads/vrt-network-equipment

* LibO Conf in Brno
   * The who's what and why
     + No plans so far
   * Template request (Sophie @ML)
     + Not yet (up to the designers)

* Easy hack that need code pointers
   + tdf#74839 (Simple refresh, perhaps)
   + tdf#45028 (Change default character highlighting)
   + tdf#45864 (Update of context menu for glue points)
   + tdf#98587 (UI Shift+click layer to toggle visibility and document status
changed)
   + tdf#49697 (Opening write-protected PDFs)
   + tdf#65346
   
   * Do we have a tag like EasyHackNeedsCompletion? (cf. tdf#45028)
     + just add "needsDevEval, topicUI" (Jay)
     
* One-handed drag 'n drop (actually insert mode in Calc)
   * https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=99457
   * would be nice to have (Jay, Samuel)