- 1 Summary
- 2 Discussion
- 3 Personas
- 4 Proposals
Make creating page, section, and column breaks easier to discover.
|call for proposals||analyzing proposals||design taking shape||implementation in progress||implemented|
|In Scope||Out of Scope|
- Make 2nd column selection more intuitive for unchecked "Evenly distribute text
- Add 'Insert Column Break' to context menu for multi-column-sections
Definition of Terms
- Section: A block of text within a page with formatting separate from that of the page that contains it. It's useful for separating a block of text into columns, adding different margins, a different background, different footnotes and endnotes, and hiding or write-protecting text.
- Susan: 21-year-old college student. Hates hunting for features, always uses only the UI elements she notices up front. So far, she has used line breaks (pushing "Enter") to sepearate pages.
- Andrew: likes to keep his papers nice and organized with sections, but hates looking through complicated menus and dialogs.
Proposal by Mirek2
Buttons for creating a page break and a section break appear below the last page of the document.
With "Evenly distribute text" disabled, column breaks should be automatically created along with the columns, so tapping within a column will focus the cursor at the beginning of the column.
Proposal by Android272
Buttons for creating a page break and a section break appear below the page of a document.