From The Document Foundation Wiki
What are the differences between OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice?
The LibreOffice dynamic development teams improve the software each version. Among the new features a lot are not included in OpenOffice.org and Apache OpenOffice.
- The file icons are colored.
- Some extensions are installed by default:
- Pdfimport: import in Draw of a PDF file
- Presentation Minimizer: compress an Impress presentations
- Report Builder: ease the creation of reports for Base
- Solver: add methods of resolution for the Calc solver
- Wiki Publisher: Export filter to the wiki format for Writer.
- In Writer, the Navigator displays the heading levels independently.
- In Calc:
- Next to the sheet tabs, the "+" icon allows you to easily add sheets,
- Dotted cell borders can be defined
- By default, the "Delete" key and "Backspace" are reversed.
- In all modules, an icon (!) In the status bar indicates that the file is not saved. A double click on it starts the backup.
- Ability to save a document, even if it has not been changed.
- Under Linux, the installation of Java Media Framework (JMF) is no longer needed to play sounds and video