From The Document Foundation Wiki
- When using the chat, immediately describe your problem and stay in the channel for at least an hour.
- For sharing text with multiple lines in the chat, use a paste service such as the one mentioned in the channel topic.
- If you have network connection issues, the mailing list works better than the chat.
- If you are doing a complex multi-step task, it is a good idea to keep personal notes. These will come in handy when you are asked what you did so far.
- After receiving a reply, acknowledge it somehow. If you disappear without a trace, your helpers will feel distressed.