Videos/5.3 MUFFIN Script
From The Document Foundation Wiki
This page contains the scripts for the LibreOffice 5.3 MUFFIN video. NOTE: Please do not provide translations at this stage, until the English text has been finalised. Thanks!
- LibreOffice 5.3 introduces MUFFIN, an experimental new user interface concept.
- MUFFIN stands for "My User Friendly & Flexible INterface", which can be customised for different workflows.
- The interface is modular and capable of adapting to many types of user, while still being easy to work with.
- In addition, the interface can be tweaked to leverage screen space, whether you're on a desktop or laptop.
- The standard dual toolbar layout is enabled by default, but an experimental setting lets you try extra layouts.
- You can use a single toolbar along with the sidebar, or try the new Notebookbar which groups features together based on context.
- With multiple interface options, existing LibreOffice users can keep what they're familiar with, while the software becomes more attractive to new users as well.
- The LibreOffice design team is continuing to work on the MUFFIN interfaces, so stay tuned for more updates in future releases.