The function finds the sheet number of a reference. If you do not enter any parameters, the result is the sheet number of the spreadsheet containing the formula.
Returns a positive whole number ranging from 1 to 32,000 which is the number of the sheet for which a reference is passed or current sheet is considered for no Reference argument.
Reference is the reference to a cell, an area, or a sheet name string.
- If Reference is an invalid value then the function returns an error value.
- Hidden sheets are not excluded from the sheet count.
- If no parameter is given, the result is the sheet number of the sheet containing the formula.
- If a reference is given it is not dereferenced.
- If the Reference encompasses more than one sheet, the result is the number of the first sheet in the range.
- Calc's implementation of SHEET function is not strictly in accordance with ODF 1.2.
|=SHEET(Sheet2.A1)||Here Sheet2 is the second sheet in the spreadsheet document.||2|
|=SHEET($rabbit.G15) where "rabbit" is the name of Sheet5||The function returns the number of Sheet5.||5|
|=SHEET(apple) where the current formula is in Sheet2 and "apple" is a named area defined in Sheet3||The function returns a name error since the name "apple" exists in the context limited to Sheet3.||#NAME?|
Related LibreOffice functions:
Equivalent Excel functions: