Frequently asked questions - Base
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How can I import data from a table when the data has to be updated regularly?
Proceed as follows:
- Open a new LibreOffice Calc document
- Open the datasource dialogue (sixth icon from the bottom in the left hand toolbar), or use the "View > Data sources" menu, or press F4.
- Choose the database
- Choose the table or query, drag or put it on the Calc worksheet
- You can format your table (make your selection then choose "autoformat")
- Select your table then, under "Data > Define Range", make your choice (import followed by a number)
- Click on "Options >>", activate "Retain format" and "Don't register imported data"
- When you re-open the Calc file at a later time, a dialogue window will ask if you wish to re-import the data if it has changed.