Frequently asked questions - Base
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How can I select data beginning with a certain sequence of characters?
Partial matches are used to do this. Use the keyword LIKE in the selection.
- In draft mode use the wildcard character *
For example, to find data beginning with S
- To select on a part of a string, enclose the characters between *
For example, to find strings containing s
- Strings should be enclosed in single quotes.
- In the examples above, and in draft mode, enclosing quotes are not required. They will be added automatically after validation.
- In draft mode one can also use the wildcard % but it will automatically be replaced with * after validation.
- In SQL mode, only the % wildcard may be used.
For parameterised queries see Faq/Base/115