Frequently asked questions - Draw
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How do I rotate text to be readable on the side of a CD cover?
Follow this procedure:
- click the T button on the Drawing toolbar to insert text;
- click on your document and drag the mouse to draw a horizontal text box of the desired size;
- insert your text in the box; it will appear horizontally.
- press the Esc key once to select the text. Green handles will appear around the text;
- select the ▸ menu. The Position and Size window will open;
- go to the Rotation tab. In the Rotation Angle section at the bottom of the tab, enter either "90°" or "270°" in the Angle box. Or, click on the indicator on the Default settings wheel and rotate the indicator to set the desired angle of rotation;
- click OK to confirm.