I try to print a Draw document, but the colors printed by my printer are not the same as those displayed on my screen.
How do I edit them using the CMYK color system?
Modern printers use a mixture of 4 colors (or 6 for the most recent ones) in order to reproduce as far as possible the colors that our eyes are normally capable of seeing. To edit the colors in Draw using the exact percentage of ink:
- click on the object whose color you want to change. It will be selected;
- right-click and select Area from the contextual menu;
- in the dialog that appears, click on the Colors tab;
- select CMYK in the drop-down list in place of RGB;
- modify the CMYK values in the boxes below;
- press the OK button. A window will appear asking you if you want to modify the existing color or add the new one to the palette. Choose the option you want. If you add the color, you must give it a name
You can also use/modify an existing CMYK palette:
- repeat steps 1, 2 et 3 above;
- click on the icon to load a color palette (displaying an open folder);
- select the file cmyk.soc and press the [Open] button (standard path: <user profile>/user/config/);
- close the window by pressing the OK button.