Frequently asked questions - General
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How to install an extension?
- Select the ▸ menu.
Note: with the last LibreOffice versions, this dialog allow you to select (check boxes) the extension type to display: Installation, Shared, User.
- Click theAdd button.
- Select the extension in the directory where it has been downloaded and click Open.
- You are asked to choose how the extension will be installed:
- user mode: only the user who install the extension will be able to use it. In the case of a multiusers desktop, the other users won't be able to access the extension. Choice= Only for me ;
- Shared mode: all users of the desktop will have access to the extension, but each could have his own settings for the extension. Choice= For all users. This choice requires to have admin rights.
- The installation mode for the extension will be shown in the Extension Manager depending on the yellow icon displayed on the right:
- nothing= user mode;
- two figures= shared mode.
- Depending on the extensions, there could be a license to validate. Scroll down to the bottom to activate the Accept button.
- The extension is installing and appears in the Extension Manager.
- Click Close.
- Close all the LibreOffice files, and the quickstarter if it is running.
- Restart LibreOffice.
=> For some extensions, a new menu entry has been added to the▸ menu.