Frequently asked questions - Writer
How to format URLs (Uniform Resource Locators : http://...) in the same way as the rest of the document
- URL = is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator.
To change the default behavior
- Select ▸ ▸
- Browse the list until you find Detect URLs
- Uncheck the check box to turn it off
- Click OK at the bottom of the dialog box
Note : The URLs detection will also detect everything written with the @ symbol like a mail address, so turning the option off will remove the detection of mail addresses.
Leave the URLs detection on, but turn off individual links this way:
- Select the whole address
- Right click to display the contextual menu
- Select Remove Hyperlink.
Note : an address that has been converted to an hyperlink could be converted again to normal text by pressing Ctrl+Z before doing anything else.
- Select ▸ ▸ ▸
- Check Unvisited links and chose the color you want
- Click OK
To know more about automatic corrections, please read the FAQ item 025 – These automatic annoy me!.