Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How do I insert lines into the table of contents?
After inserting a table of contents at the beginning of a document (or a section), you wish to insert one or several lines before it. Here's how to do it:
- edit the table of contents to remove its protection:
- right click on the table of contents and select Edit index/table;
- on the Index tab, uncheck Protected against manual changes;
- click OK.
- place the cursor at the beginning of the file or the section;
- press Alt + Enter twice;
- edit the table of contents again to protect it
The table of contents is updated while you validate.