Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How do I display thumbnails of my pages while I edit a document ?
I want to have the same view as with the Pages pane in Draw or the Slides pane in Impress.
To have this view, it is necessary to create two windows :
- open your document ;
- go to ▸
- click on the arrow beside the View button ;
- choose the view of pages one above the other ;
- reduce the window so that the text will display vertically to the left.
- go to ▸ to display the document a second time ;
- close the preview in this new window ;
- arrange the width of the windows so that you can display the new window next to the other one.
ATTENTION : even if the content is updated in the two windows, the two displays are not synchronised.