Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How do I display thumbnails of my pages while I edit a document?
I want to have the same view as with the Pages pane in Draw or the Slides pane in Impress.
To have this view, it is necessary to create two windows:
- open your document;
- go to ▸ ;
- click on the arrow beside the View button;
- choose the view of pages one above the other;
- reduce the window so that the text will display vertically to the left;
- go to ▸ to display the document a second time;
- close the preview in this new window; and
- arrange the width of the windows so that you can display the new window next to the other one.
ATTENTION: even if the content is updated in the two windows, the two displays are not synchronised.