Frequently asked questions - Writer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to rotate a picture
After inserting your image,
- click on your image for the image toolbar to appear ( ▸ ▸ );
- click the Rotate icon on the toolbar (a semi-circle arrow). Note that the green handles around the image turn red;
- move your mouse over one of the red handels around the image (at one of the corners of the image). Note that your mouse turns into a round, two-headed arrow; and
- once your mouse turned into the arrow, left-click, move your mouse up or down, and release the left-click.
Using LibreOffice Draw
- create a new Draw document ( ▸ ▸ );
- insert or copy/paste the picture into the Draw document;
- right click the picture. Select Position and Size;
- select the Rotation tab.
- under Rotation angle, set the rotation angle you want; and
- copy and paste the picture into the Writer document.
Using your default picture editor
- open the image you need to rotate in your default image editor;
- make the nesessary changes to the image, e.g. rotate the image;
- save the image;
- open your Writer document, and
- insert your newly-rotated image into the document through ▸ .