Frequently asked questions - Writer
How to rotate a picture
Using LibreOffice Draw
- Create a new Draw document ( ▸ ▸ ).
- Copy and paste the picture into the Draw document.
- Right click the picture. Select Position and Size.
- Select the Rotation tab.
- Under Rotation angle, set the rotation angle you want.
- Copy and paste the picture into the Writer document.
Using your default picture editor
This method is not possible in LibreOffice 3.3. To rotate a picture in LibreOffice 3.3, use the method that uses LibreOffice Draw.
- Save the document.
- If the picture was pasted from LibreOffice Draw:
- In LibreOffice Draw, copy the picture.
- Select ▸ .
- Use any of the proposed formats (SVXB, Bitmap, GDI) besides the first, Drawing format.
- Right-click the selected picture, then choose Edit with External Tool. A temporary copy of the picture will open with your default picture editing program.
- You can make any changes you want as long as they are available in your default picture editor.
- When you finish editing the picture, save the changes and close the picture editor.
Back in LibreOffice, the picture has been changed, but the size of the picture has not changed. To correct the image size:
- Right-click the picture.
- Select Picture.
- Select the Type tab.
- Click Original Size, and click OK.