Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How to create a diagram or a chart
- click anywhere in the document where you want to create the chart;
- in the menu, chose ▸ ▸ . LibreOffice creates a chart of Column type, by default representing 4 data rows with 3 columns. The chart is displayed in modification mode allowing you to customize it immediately;
- right-click on the chart to open the context menu. Depending on where you click, different options will be shown, but the menu will always display the options:
- Chart type (Column, Bar, Area, Zone, Line, etc.)
- Chart data table
- choose Chart Data Table to enter the data you want the chart to represent: the chart is automatically changed;
- click anywhere outside the chart to exit "modification" mode.
Like any Draw object, a chart can be moved and resized:
The modification of the data is done in edit mode after you have selected the chart:
- go to ▸ ▸ ; or
- right click on the chart and then chose Edit.