Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How to create a diagram or a chart
- click anywhere in the document where you want to create the chart
- in the Insert menu, chose ▸ . LibreOffice creates a chart of Column type, by default representing 4 data rows with 3 columns. The chart is displayed in modification mode allowing you to customize it immediately.
- right-click on the chart to open the context menu. Depending on where you click, different options will be shown, but the menu will always display the options:
- Chart type (Column, Bar, Area, Zone, Line, etc.)
- Chart data table.
- Choose Chart Data Table to enter the data you want the chart to represent: the chart is automatically changed l
- Click anywhere outside the chart to exit "modification" mode
Like any Draw object, a chart can be moved and resized:
The modification of the data is done in edit mode after you have selected the chart:
- go to ▸ ▸ or
- right click on the chart and then chose Edit