Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How-to force URL detection for URLs pasted from the Web
- LibreOffice can automatically detect a URL if it is typed or pasted from the clipboard.
- In such cases, LibreOffice automatically creates a hyperlink.
- This mechanism is triggered by clicking Detect URLs via the menu
▸ ▸ .
- Check [M] for the replacement to be done while modifying existing text using the command ▸ ▸ (works on a selection)
- Check [T] for the replacement to be done while typing
- The end of line character in copied text from the Web is often a line break and not a paragraph mark. When pasting to a document, these line breaks are preserved, preventing the URL from being recognised:
- For LibreOffice to be able to recognize the URLs, just paste using ▸ ▸ (lines will then end with a paragraph mark)
- Select the text and then do ▸ ▸