Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
From version 3.4, the software offers a new tool to perform searches.
- There is still ▸ identical to what existed before (except for the shortcut)
- Now we also have ▸ that displays a Find toolbar at the bottom of the work space (as in Firefox for example).
- This toolbar provides an entry box for the text to be searched for, together with previous and next buttons.
- It is designed for quick searches using the most recent search term, for which not all the standard dialog settings are needed
- Besides using the Edit menu, you can also display or hide it like other toolbars from the ▸ ▸ .
- The Esc key can be used to close the toolbar when the cursor is positioned in the entry box.