From The Document Foundation Wiki
From version 3.4, the software offers a new tool to perform searches.
- there is still ▸ (or Ctrl+H) identical to what existed before (except for the shortcut); and
- now we also have ▸ (or Ctrl+F) that displays a Find toolbar at the bottom of the work space (as in Firefox for example).
- this toolbar provides an entry box for the text to be searched for, together with previous and next buttons;
- it is designed for quick searches using the most recent search term, for which not all the standard dialog settings are needed;
- besides using the Edit menu, you can also display or hide it like other toolbars from the ▸ ▸ ; and
- the Esc key can be used to close the toolbar when the cursor is positioned in the entry box.