Frequently asked questions - Writer
How do I add an Appendix Table in addition to main Table of Contents?
In a quite long document, you may prefer to not include the list of Appendices in the main Table of Contents. This list should be given at the beginning of Appendix in a different Table of Contents.
This may be achieved in two steps:
- number each appendix so that LibreOffice could automatically identify what should be listed in Appendix Table
- create Appendix Table
Number each Appendix
Appendices are often illustrations or tables. An easy way to number them is to insert a caption.
- right click on object (illustration, table...)
- modify Category a with a specific name such as Appendix instead of Illustration
- type Appendix title in Caption
- modify Position to Above to get the title at beginning of the appendix
- choose Numbering type and Separator
Note: all these choices are only made for the first Appendix. For next ones, all options will be pre-filled.
Insert Appendix Table
The title Appendices will probably be as Title1.
- insert cursor after title Appendices
- select menu ▸ ▸
- change Type to Illustration Index
- change Title to Appendices Index
- change Category to Appendix (or the specific name you used)
As any other classical Table of Contents, you may customize its aspect through all options. Check other entries of FAQ about this subject.