North-American-Community/meetings

From The Document Foundation Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

North American Community Meetings

Welcome to the (North American) NA Community Meetings wiki page. On this page you will find the minutes and archived logs of IRC/Voice discussions. The NA Community is committed to monthly meetings and have agreed to meeting on the second Monday of each month with the meeting time (TBA = To Be Announced) through a Doodle poll. The meeting time will be based on New York City time (the Doodle poll can display your time zone through a dropdown menu). Meetings are open to all who wish to attend. (Note that discussions are concentrated on those of North American implications.)

Minutes and Archives

Date: April 29th, 2011

Members Present: (List those in attendence): jslozier, krackedpress, kallecarl, therabi, MarcPare, Tyree, JZA, Sophie, DrewJensen

Minutes:

  • Agreed to hold monthly meeting for next 3 months.
    • Meetings to be held on or about the 2nd Tuesday of each month
      • Marc Parc took scheduling these meetings (perhaps finding better day) as Action Item
  • Discussed what a member of the North American Community would be?
    • More then a subscription to a mail list?
      • Agreed to setup wiki page for membership roster
      • Agreed for working purposes to two requirements(?)
        • self enter name and membership email address, on wiki page
        • subscribe to the email list marketing@us.libreoffice.org

Logs: IRC File:NA-comm-meeting-03-28-11-irclog.zip


Date: May 16th, 2011

Members Present: jslozier (Jay); Drewj (Drew); Craig-O (Craig); john_mendlov (john); andy98 (Andy); cwalsh (Chris); kallecarl (Carl); MarcPare (Marc)

IRC Channel:  Due to the amount of chatter and disruptions on the regular TDF/Libo IRC channel it was decided to move the NA Community Meeting to a temporary channel #libo-na

Agenda Items: open to members meeting

Discussed:

  • next meeting date will be Monday June 13, 2011, need to find a suitable time for meeting
  • discussed registering of NA membership roster. Registering will be done on the following wiki page: US Membership wiki page . This page covers US and Canadian membership sign-up. Mexico is missing
  • discussed asking is "US Marketing" mailing list could be changed to NA Marketing for: US; Mexico; Canada.
  • encourage interested members of the NA Community to create their profile wiki page
  • discussed if there was a published LibreOffice product roadmap; Drew will mention this on the international marketing list and Craig may be able to visit at the LiboConference in October depending on his visit to Europe in the Fall
  • is there a LibreOffice marketing plan; this should be questioned on the international marketing mailing list
  • talk of using Alfresco for collaborative work on a marketing plan
  • discussed LibreOffice representation at OSCON (Portland, OR  July 25-29); the TDF/LibreOffice should have official presence at the conference -- suggestions that Italo would be a great person to attend the conference to represent TDF and LibreOffice

Action Items:

Action Items
Member in Charge
Next meeting date June 13, 2011; find a suitable time of day  for interested members -- create a Doodle poll
Marc
Add Mexican membership table  to the US Membership wiki page
Marc
Ask if the "US Marketing" mailing list could be changed to "NA Marketing" mailing list
Drew -- ping Florian
Check to see if there is a published LibreOffice product roadmap on the international marketing list
Drew
Check out Alfresco for possible collaborative tool for work on a marketing plan
Carl
Check possible avenues to have LibreOffice represented at OSCON, we are late at organising this; table with marketing items, displays etc.
Craig, Drew



Next Meeting: June 13, 2011; Time: TBA (To Be Announced)

Next Agenda Points:

  • discuss progress on NA Community DVD (EN, ES, FR)
  •  

Logs: May 16, 2011 NA Community IRC Logs


Date: June 13, 2011 (Time:19:00 NY (EDT))

Members Present: Carl, Drew,  Lyle, Marc

IRC Channel: #documentfoundation connect via webchat
 
Agenda Items:

  • review action items from May 16 meeting
  • discuss progress on NA Community DVD (EN, ES, FR)
  • would we want to also use the TalkYoo dial-in teleconference services used for the Marketing confcalls?
  • OSCON plan
  • Marketing space on LibreOffice Alfresco
  • Addressing LibreOffice/Apache Software Foundation&OpenOffice donation
  • Italo (May 25, 2011) "As far as I am concerned, our top priority in the US should be building up the community, because I see a handful of heroes and a "desert" around. What should we do to achieve this objective?" How do we build the NA community? 
      

Discussed:

  •  reviewed last action items
    •  Marc still to work on Mexican membership table to complete
    • Drew -- will ping Florian re: mailist name change
    • missed item for review ... (Drew got to IRC a little late ... will bring it up next meeting) re: Check to see if there is a published LibreOffice product roadmap on the international marketing list -- for Drew
    • Carl .. re: Alfresco. NA access to Alfresco is up. NA members should get accounts and get acquainted with Alfresco system (Carl had admin rights and can add users). As initial excercise Marc or Carl will create a rough mission statement for the NA Community group and members will be able to try out the Alfresco collaborative tools for this.
    • Drew/Carl talked about OSCON and getting LibO presence. We are late at organising. We will try to piggyback onto someone's table or getting help from a LibO member who may be attending for either dropping off materials in strategic locations or do some face-to-face.
  •  Drew -- Ohio LinuxFest ... may have sponsor for DVD distribution ... more to come
  •  NA DVD -- Tim is absent -- will catch up later. ES DVD going slowly, FR DVD version up next (Marc will be involved)
  •  Marc -- talk of voice/VOIP conferencing with Mumble or OpenMeeting ... members will try out both and we will try out at next meeting along with IRC. (Read thread on Website mailist here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.website/5152)
  • Italo (not at meeting) statement (read up above). Members talked about funding and raising of funds for the NA Community group,  NA LibO materials and funding for marketing strategies.
      

Action Items:

Action Items Member in Charge
Add Mexican membership table  to the US Membership wiki page Marc
Ask if the "US Marketing" mailing list could be changed to "NA Marketing" mailing list Drew -- ping Florian
Check to see if there is a published LibreOffice product roadmap on the international marketing list Drew
NA DVD and EN, ES, FR progress
Tim
Decide to use either Mumble or OpenMeeting for voice conferencing as well as IRC.
Marc
(May 25, 2011) "As far as I am concerned, our top priority in the US should be building up the community, because I see a handful of heroes and a "desert" around. What should we do to achieve this objective?" How do we build the NA community?" -- maybe Italo could take this up at the next meeting
Italo

  
Logs: 
File:2011June13IRCLog.odt


Date: July 11, 2011 (Time: 22:00UTC OR 18:00 NewYork Time)

Members Present: Carl, Drew, Jay, Lyle, Marc, Tim

IRC Channel: #documentfoundation connect via webchat

Agenda Items:

  •  review action items from June 13 meeting
  •  Tim: report on NA DVD project
     

Discussed:

  •  Re: Mexican membership table still in progress, will be done by next meeting -- Marc
  •  Re: Changing US mailing list name to NA: drop this and suggest to open a "support@north-america.libreofficebox.org" mailing list for DVD support
  •  Re: Check to see if there is a published LibreOffice product roadmap on the international marketing list -- see action item
  •  OSCON -- we need presence at the conference to distribute materials; may have one person available [1]; Carl says Ubuntu booth will distribute materials if someone from LibO is there; Drew: suggest we print up LibO Conference flyer for distribution; Carl/Tim: need to interest Win devs and Win users; Marc: maybe check with Portland LUG for LibO user [2]; Carl: we should see what LFNW[3] did for a flyer -- Drew will ping Andy about it and maybe get a copy.; Drew: cost of flyers and funding, we need to talk about ways for NA funding;
  • Tim: DVD[4], which version should be offered 3.3.3 or 3.4.2; Tim: suggest 3.3.3 with link to 3.4.2 or newest version offered; Drew: we could offer targetted releases; Tim talk of documentation for sys admins and (Marc) large installs; Drew: mentions some done by Florian for OOo but may need translating in EN; Marc: when should we proof read EN DVD site? Drew --soon, maybe this week;
     

Action Items:

Action Items Member in Charge
Mexican membership table to complete
Marc
Suggest "support@north-america.libreofficebox.org" mailing list for DVD support Drew
Check to see if there is a published LibreOffice international marketing plan on the international marketing list -- maybe take this up on the international mailing list
Drew
OSCON: Check availability of person at OSCON (Drew to check); if not available, check on various mailing lists if anyone is attending (Carl/Drew/Marc); LFNW flyer (Drew ping Andy);
Carl/Drew/Marc
NA Community DVD: proof read EN
All
Decide to use either Mumble or OpenMeeting for voice conferencing as well as IRC. (Carry-over from last meeting)
Marc
(May 25, 2011) "As far as I am concerned, our top priority in the US should be building up the community, because I see a handful of heroes and a "desert" around. What should we do to achieve this objective?" How do we build the NA community?" -- maybe Italo could take this up at the next meeting (Carry-over from last meeting)
Italo

Links in discussions:
[1] http://www.oscon.com/oscon2011
[2] http://www.pdxlinux.org/
[3]http://linuxfestnorthwest.org/
[4]https://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/home-4/

Logs: File:2011July11IRCLog.odt


 

Date: August 8, 2011 (Time: TBA)

Members Present:

IRC Channel: #documentfoundation connect via webchat

Agenda Items:

  •  review action items from July 11 meeting
  •  
  •  

Discussed:

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Action Items:

Action Items Member in Charge








Logs:


  

Date: September 12, 2011 (Time: TBA)

Members Present:

IRC Channel: #documentfoundation connect via webchat

Agenda Items:

  •  review action items from August 8 meeting
  •  
  •  

Discussed:

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Action Items:

Action Items Member in Charge








Logs:


  

Date: October 10, 2011 (Time: TBA)

Members Present:

IRC Channel: #documentfoundation connect via webchat

Agenda Items:

  • review action items from September 12 meeting
  •  
  •  

Discussed:

  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

Action Items:

Action Items Member in Charge









Logs: