QA/Meetings

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA
Jump to: navigation, search
I meetings.png
We hold a monthly meeting at the QA IRC channel on the last Tuesday of each month at 17:00 CTE. These meetings are open to everyone.

The QA mailing list has details and sends out a meeting reminder every month.

Follow the QA blog at qa.blog.documentfoundation.org

What happens in QA Meetings?

Discussions about QA take place on public mailing lists, specifically the QA mailing list.

Each month we host an meeting on the QA IRC channel to discuss ongoing topics and recent activities. The gatherings are open for everyone to join, following our approach to transparency and openness.

How to prepare yourself for a QA Meeting

  • Most topics we will discuss have been raised on the QA mailing list already. Please have a look at them, to stay up to date on recent activities.
  • Join our IRC channel #libreoffice-qa connect via webchat during the call, so in case we post links or texts, you are in the loop.
  • Open up our QA Etherpad to follow the agenda (feel free to fix typos in this collaborative editor!)

What is included in the meeting minutes

  • Minutes are taken by the Secretary (who may be the same person as the Chair)
  • Minutes should include
    • The Chair (the person who lead the meeting)
    • The Secretary (the person who took minutes)
    • Who was present (Full name + any official role/title)
    • A summary of the meeting
    • TODO: (What else should we include in minutes?)
  • Minutes are inserted (above? below?) the corresponding agenda on the wiki page and a copy of them is emailed to the QA mailing list

(from the BoD notes: "A name in brackets shows who added an item, not who is in charge")

Cheat Sheet for Running the Meeting

Here's a quick cheat-sheet for the [C]hair and [S]ecretary to run a QA Conference Call or other type of QA Meeting.

Start the Meeting

  1. [C][S] Say Hello
    1. [S] Note the start time of the meeting
    2. [S] Get a list of who is present at the meeting
  2. Housekeeping
    1. [C] Have the minutes from the previous meeting been added to the wiki already?
    2. [C] Have the minutes from the previous meeting been sent to the QA mailing list already?
    3. [C] Have we updated the wiki pages based on any decisions made at the last meeting?

Address the Agenda Items

  1. [C] Pending Action Items
  2. [C] New Action Items

End the Meeting

  1. [C or S] Remind everyone about the next scheduled meeting if it will not be at the regular time/day/place
  2. [S] Double-check the list of those present
  3. [C][S] Say Goodbye/End the meeting
  4. [S] Note the end time of the meeting

Post-Meeting Work

  • [S] Format the minutes
  • [S] Add the minutes to the wiki
  • [S] Add the Next Meeting to the wiki (Date/Time + Agenda), unless this has already been completed
  • [S] Send the minutes to the QA mailing list
  • [S] Update any other wiki pages per decisions made at the meeting

Meeting minutes by Year

2019 Meetings

2018 Meetings

2017 Meetings


Minutes and Agendas from earlier years: