Comment for Access from Menu
- I would not expect "Data - XML Source" for launching the XML Source dialog, because all other cases, where data are inserted, are in menu Insert (Sheet, Sheet From File, Link to External Data).Regina (talk) 17:25, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
Comment for Structure Tree
- Is it possible to import only parts of the XML source? In that case it would be useful, when the content is shown in the tree too, at least the first words of it. So it will be easier to select the desired node.
- The dialog needs expand/collapse tools. Regina (talk) 17:25, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
At actual this is a non-working/useless feature
- and it looks, as if the shown grafic does not belong to this feature. However, as long as the <tags> and <element-name "attributes"> are missing on import in a separate column, nothing can be done with the imported value, since nobody can guess, what they are intended for and nobody can do any further calculation with them. pls drop that feature, it is an unfullfilled promise.
The logic of saying that one person finds this feature useless, therefore the whole feature needs to be dropped for everyone makes little sense to me. That said, if you believe it so strongly, bring it to the development discussion list email@example.com and get a discussion started. --Kohei Yoshida (talk) 2019-08-12T15:02:01 (UTC)
- well, as just being a user I found a gap between ought to be and findings, I do not intend to share the LO-developer-community. Regarding what I have in mind I found this in the www: https://www.luxonsoftware.com/converter/xmltoexcel - pls have a look. --Mhonline (talk) 2019-08-12T16:23:08 (UTC)