According to my observation, new users are confusing about git branches. They are creating a new branch from master for the first time, and going on all different bugs on that branch. It would be good to be emphasized that for each different bug should be solved different branch. What do you think about it?
Missing steps after getting a change merged
According to my observations, developers add their own merged changes to the changelog by themselves.
- I haven't found any documentation on how (either process or style) this should be done.
- It seems entries are fully surrounded by translate tags which are "activated" via the "mark this version for translation" link.
- Some of the entries seem to be written towards developers, not users.
- The bug's Bugzilla whiteboard should be set (by the developer?) to "target:x.x.x inReleaseNotes:X.X" and its status to RESOLVED FIXED.
- The developer might also want to announce the fix in relevant Ask LibreOffice threads - perhaps during the testing phase