Jump to navigation Jump to search
SF Review Comments
- (1) Summary. Suggest reword as “Shifts a number left by the specified number of bits.”
- (2) Arguments. As a general point, should we gather information about errors arising from incorrect arguments into this section? (Rather then putting them into the Additional details or other sections)
- (3) Arguments. I would prefer the expansion of 2^48 to use comma separators rather then spaces.
- (4) Arguments. How does the function handle positive real numbers that are not integers (e.g. 6.123)?
- (5) Arguments. Is Shift intended to be an integer? What happens if you enter a non-integer real value?
- (6) Returns. Do we expect the value returned to be a positive integer? What would =BITLSHIFT(2^48-1, 1) return?
- (7) Additional details. The grammar of the 2nd bullet needs tightening up.
- Additional details: Why add "for example" ? drop it and leave to the Example section;